Retail Marketing Manager
- GU Energy Labs
- United States
- Berkeley, CA, San Francisco Bay Area
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
GU Energy is seeking a Retail Marketing Manager in Berkeley, CA.
The Retail Marketing Manager will help drive brand and product awareness at retail by producing retail support material and messaging that aligns with brand objectives and sports marketing activities. S/he will collaborate closely with the GU sales team to create programs and promotions that drive trial and repeat purchase.
The ideal candidate connects with GU's core values of Athleticism, Accountability, Innovation, Collaboration, Longevity, and Love.
- Partners with Director of Marketing Communications and sales team to create quarterly retail communications strategies
- Manages communications across retail channels
- Manages intake of sales team input and requests
- Creates a promotional calendar that aligns stories, events, product launches, and key activities to maximize impact at retail
- Collaborates with Sports Marketing team to ensure events and retail plans are executed according to plan
- Coordinates with internal and external resources to create sales collateral, POS, and print/digital retail marketing material
- Partners with Project Manager to prepare product/packaging content and artwork for final approval
- Develops retail promotional campaigns and partner with sales team to execute
- Partners with Marketing Communications Manager to support new product launches
- Leads weekly sales and marketing team status meetings and attend product development meetings
- Tracks and measures results of retail support efforts
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 5 years experience in retail marketing (lifestyle consumer brand experience preferred)
- Experience working with creative talent or outside marketing agencies
- Proven ability to think creatively and strategically; ability to execute plans
- Experience with trade marketing preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills: detail oriented; organized, ability to multi-task, deadline driven, acute sense of urgency
- Understanding or interest in endurance sports category
- Product packaging experience a plus
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!