Batch Mix Operator
- GU Energy Labs
- United States
- Berkeley, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)
- 2 year(s)
- Not Available
GU Energy is seeking a Batch Mix Operator in Berkeley, CA.
The Batch Mix Operator is primarily responsible for the operation of production machines to mix batches of product according to specified recipe while following all quality and regulatory protocol. S/he is trained and certified to ensure the highest quality product is produced with every batch. This role is also responsible for the movement of raw materials from the Warehouse to Production.
The ideal candidate will identify with our Four Pillars of Production: Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Teamwork
- Determine required raw materials and deliver to Production areas as needed
- Inspect raw materials and products to ensure conformance to specifications
- Operate scales to weigh or measure ingredients with high level of accuracy
- Mix/blend raw materials with strict adherence to specific details of process and formula
- Operate production machines, including: batching water, controlling the flow of product, regulating mixing speeds and/or temperatures, and performing CIP (Clean-In-Place) protocols
- Test product to ensure adherence to required standards
- Accurately complete Batch Records
- Clean production equipment and work areas
- Ensure daily duties are completed, productivity targets are met and overall standards of health, safety, cleanliness, and security are maintained
- Cross-train in various Production or Warehouse duties
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
- Experience with batch processing, industrial sanitation, mixers/mixing/blending and various laboratory instruments in food preparation environment is desired
- Good communication skills
- Able to read and write in English. Ability to speak Spanish, Tagalog or Cantonese a plus
- Must possess excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Teamwork is critical. Must be flexible and willing to help where needed
- Able to follow instructions and receive feedback
- Must be dependable
- Positive attitude
- Forklift certification a plus
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
- Physical requirements include lifting or moving up to 50 lbs., frequent standing, bending, carrying, pushing, pulling and other activities as needed.
- General work environment includes handling chemicals, cleaning agents and operating laboratory equipment. Must be prepared to work any shift that may be assigned including off-shifts and weekend shifts as well as overtime as needed.
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!