Warehouse & Production Associate
- GU Energy Labs
- United States
- Berkeley, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)
- 2 year(s)
- Not Available
Gu Energy is seeking a Warehouse & Production Associate in Berkeley, CA.
The Manufacturing, Maintenance, and Warehouse teams at GU follow our Four Pillars of Production: Safety, Quality, Efficiency, and Teamwork.
Production Associates are cross-trained in multiple areas within Manufacturing and Warehouse. This position is responsible for the flow of goods and materials through the Warehouse and Production areas. This position also supports production line activities in the Secondary Packaging area. The Warehouse & Production Associate reports to the Warehouse Supervisor.
- Receive inbound shipments: inspect materials, complete documentation accurately and stage for Quality testing
- Assist with preparation of outbound shipments: complete documentation and stage for loading
- Deliver raw materials and packaging to Production areas
- Palletize, label and transfer finished products to the Warehouse
- Package finished product in Secondary Packaging: inspect, weigh and discard defective goods and packaging
- Perform routine, detailed tasks at the required production speed
- Monitor machine operations and adjust equipment to ensure quality production
- Restock PPE stations
- Perform daily sanitation tasks in keeping with SOPs
- Cross-train in various Production and Warehouse duties
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
- 2+ years of experience in a warehouse and/or manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of shipping and manufacturing systems and procedures
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be dependable and have a positive attitude
- Teamwork is critical. Must be flexible and willing to help where needed
- Able to communicate effectively and work professionally with employees and other departments
- Forklift certification required
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
- Physical requirements include frequent standing, walking, sitting and reaching with hands and arms. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and move up to 80 lbs.
- Must be prepared to work extended hours and weekends depending on season.
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!