Facilities & Maintenance Manager
- GU Energy Labs
- United States
- Berkeley, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
GU Energy is seeking a Facilities & Maintenance Manager in Berkeley, CA.
The Facilities Maintenance Manager reports to the Director of Manufacturing & Warehouse and oversees maintenance for all areas, including Manufacturing, Pilot Kitchen, Warehouse, and Administrative Office. S/he is responsible for day-to-day troubleshooting and vendor management as well as planning, budgeting, and executing a pro-active maintenance strategy for all machines and equipment to maximize performance, reduce downtime, and achieve safety, productivity, and quality goals. The Facilities Maintenance Manager directly supervises one full time maintenance associate, helps mentor staff to increase technical knowledge, and manages third party contractors.
The Production Team focuses on GU Energy Labs' Four Pillars of Production: Safety, Quality, Efficiency, and Teamwork.
- Supervise all maintenance tasks, including: mechanical, electrical and PLC troubleshooting, repairs, and planned preventative maintenance
- Install, modify, repair or replace parts or entire systems as they relate to machinery and equipment; utilizing wiring diagrams, drawings, blueprints, or other schematics
- Ensure effective resolution of problems through failure analysis, identification of root cause(s), and implementation of corrective actions to prevent recurrence
- Incorporate continuous improvement methodologies into daily work to drive increased production efficiency in all areas, including changeover efficiency
- Creates and manages evergreen maintenance calendar/schedule to ensure pro-active maintenance and prevent urgent or last-minute repairs
- Manage maintenance program through a CMMS
- Draft capital expenditure proposals and manage projects, including: planning, design, cost estimation, and budget management
- Direct, motivate, and train staff and allocate resources appropriately to ensure a cohesive team
- Supervise and coordinate all third-party service providers; evaluate contracts and proposals and negotiate on behalf of GU
- Work closely with Production and Quality teams to understand changing needs and priorities
- Document all activities and observations regarding machinery and equipment
- Work in positive collaboration with all levels of the organization to achieve company objectives
- Motivated self-starter with strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and supervise
- Able to manage simultaneous projects and initiatives with a focus on detail and accountability
- Must possess a positive attitude and enjoy working in a team environment
- Able to communicate in an effective and professional manner with management, other departments, vendors, and service providers
Technical Expertise Required:
- Engineering background or expert in electrical, mechanical, and PLC systems used in food production machinery and related equipment, such as process piping, boilers, air compressors, and refrigeration systems
- Expert understanding of manufacturing and maintenance requirements to meet personnel safety, food safety, and quality standards
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting production equipment and processes
- Advanced understanding of cost factors that influence budgeting for maintenance
- Experience executing Preventative Maintenance Programs using Maintenance Management Systems
- Ability to understand and update blueprints, electrical schematics, and equipment drawings, as needed
- Experience with SCADA software a plus
- Education and training in an engineering discipline is required; 4-year degree preferred
- Experience in a food processing environment required
- Minimum 5 years in roles of increasing responsibility within related areas: Engineering/ Maintenance/ Preventative -
Maintenance/ Process Engineering/Continuous Improvement
- 3-5 years of experience in a supervisory or team leadership capacity
- Bilingual a plus
- Physical demands listed below are required and necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
- Physical requirements: frequent standing, walking, sitting and reaching with hands and arms
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Must be flexible to work on alternate shifts or schedules as needed
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!