Light Machine Operator
- GU Energy Labs
- United States
- Berkeley, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)
- 1 year(s)
- Not Available
GU Energy is seeking a Light Machine Operator in Berkeley, CA.
The Light Machine Operator is responsible for setting up, operating, and adjusting material handling equipment. This position performs production line activities in the secondary packaging area. The ability to perform routine, detailed tasks at the required production speed is critical.
The ideal candidate will identify with our Four Pillars of Production: Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Teamwork
- Set up and operate production equipment in accordance with good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures
- Visually inspect and weigh cartons to ensure they are filled correctly
- Examine and discard defective goods and packaging components
- Monitor machine operations and adjust equipment to ensure quality production
- Replenish packaging materials and supplies as needed
- Clean production equipment and work areas
- Complete Batch Records and Production Journal
- Palletize, shrink-wrap and label pallets of Finished Goods
- Ensure daily duties are completed, productivity targets are met and overall standards of health, safety, cleanliness and security are maintained
- Will be cross-trained in another area of production
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 1+ years of production related experience
- Ability to speak and read in English; ability to speak Spanish, Tagalog or Cantonese a plus
- Must be comfortable with physical and routine work while maintaining required production speed
- Experience operating mixing and/or packaging equipment is desired
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be dependable and self-motivated
- Good teamwork, flexibility to help where needed and customer service skills
- Forklift certification is a plus
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
Physical requirements include lifting or moving up to 50 lbs., frequent standing, walking sitting, and reaching with hands and arms and other activities as needed.
General work environment includes handling chemicals, cleaning agents and operating laboratory equipment. Must be prepared to work any shift that may be assigned including off-shifts, weekend shifts and overtime as needed.
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!