Temporary Manufacturing Associate
- GU Energy Labs
- United States
- Berkeley, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)
- 2 year(s)
- Not Available
We have immediate 6-month temporary openings on our production team! 24 hours per week, and shift/hours may change week-to-week based on business need.
Production Associates are cross-trained in multiple areas within Manufacturing and Warehouse. Associates may be responsible for a range of functions, including: setting up, operating, and adjusting material handling equipment; operation of production machines to mix batches of product according to specified recipe while following all quality and regulatory protocol; production line activities in the secondary packaging area; and/or moving goods and materials through the Warehouse and Production areas.
The ideal candidate will identify with our Four Pillars of Production: Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Teamwork.
- Set up and operate production equipment in accordance with good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures
- Visually inspect and weigh cartons to ensure they are filled correctly
- Examine and discard defective goods and packaging components
- Operate scales to weigh or measure ingredients with high level of accuracy
- Mix/blend raw materials with strict adherence to specific details of process and formula
- Monitor machine operations and adjust equipment to ensure quality production
- Replenish packaging materials and supplies as needed
- Clean production equipment and work areas; perform daily sanitation tasks in keeping with SOPs
- Complete batch records and/or production journal
- Palletize, shrink-wrap and label pallets of finished goods
- Ensure daily duties are completed, productivity targets are met and overall standards of health, safety, cleanliness and security are maintained
- Deliver raw materials and packaging to production areas
- Perform routine, detailed tasks at the required production speed
- Will be cross-trained in another area of production and/or warehouse
- Other responsibilities as assigned
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
- 2+ years of experience in a manufacturing and/or warehouse environment
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Able to follow instructions and receive feedback
- Must be dependable and have a positive attitude
- Teamwork is critical. Must be flexible and willing to help where needed
- Able to communicate effectively and work professionally with employees and other departments
- Able to read and write in English. Ability to speak Spanish, Tagalog or Cantonese a plus
- Forklift certification a plus
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
- Physical requirements include lifting or moving up to 80 lbs., frequent standing, walking sitting, and reaching with hands and arms and other activities as needed.
- General work environment includes handling chemicals, cleaning agents and operating laboratory equipment. Must be prepared to work any shift that may be assigned including off-shifts, weekend shifts and overtime as needed.
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!