Position Summary: Business partner to facilitys operations group maintaining a pulse on associate morale, timely processing of workers compensation claims, coordinate safety program, labor relations, orientation of new associates, monitoring of our Human Resource policy compliance and associate relations functions. Knowledge of employment law will also be required. Shift schedule must be flexible to allow availability on off shifts in addition to day shift when necessary.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities of the Job:
1. Spend quality time in production areas with associates.
2. Process of workers compensation claims on a timely basis.
3. Inform Human Resource Director/Asst of any difficult Worker Compensation Claims and status on outstanding claims.
4. Schedule doctor appointments as necessary for injured associates.
5. Monitor attendance program and distribute applicable documentation as required by contract.
6. Maintain warehouse and office bulletin boards in an up-do-date and legal compliance manner.
7. Assist with conflict resolutions as appropriate.
8. Coordinate Associate Relations activities through the HR staff.
9. Assist with pre-assessment program for applicants.
10. Administer our proximity card security badge system.
11. Assist in keeping associates informed of all changes in personnel policies.
12. Required to adjust schedule to allow time with associates on off shift.
13. Continually update knowledge of employment law.
14. Work with Engineering to coordinate and implement Safety Program.
15. Maintains working relationship with Union officials and adheres to terms of labor contract by monitoring day-to-day implementation of policies concerning wages, hours and working conditions.
16. Assists with recruitment of all positions and assists with new employee orientation.
Assists with coordination of activities and events to accomplish Corporate Objectives (Associate Development, Diversity and Community Service).
18. Other duties as assigned
19. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness
Internal & External Contacts:
Internal : All McDonough associates
External : Workers Compensation Insurance representative, company physicians office staff, security system representative, temporary agencies, Corporate Human Resources, Corporate Benefits, Union Business Agents.
Indirect : up to 8
Direct : up to 5
Budgetary Responsibilities: NA
Daily associate and labor relation situational awareness and partner with GM to plan and address issues; notify Human Resource Director/Asst of potential problems and concerns.
1. Suggest and implement associate relations activities.
2. Develop methods to track and decrease on the job injuries.
3. Recruitment of new associates.
Fast paced, constant change, multiple demands, flexible work hours to help cover off-shift(s).
Qualifications & Experience:
Experience: Min five - seven years Human Resource experience (preferred) in big box DC
Education: Four year bachelors degree, business or related field preferred
Skills: Creative ability, writing proficiency, and good people skills. Good organizer. Good public speaking skills. At ease in large groups. Ability to work with all associates regardless of title, position or responsibility. Ability to convey a positive and professional image to applicants and associates. Strong safety/workers compensation background.
Manager II Human Resources-Facility
|Required Experience:||0 year(s)|
|Salary Range:||Not available|
Posted 4 days ago