The Merchandise Planner for Calvin Klein North America will be the liaison between Merchandising and the business channels to understand and address product opportunities and challenges. The Merchandise Planner will help develop seasonal product plans, analyze SKU productivity, and perform in-season and post-season hindsight reporting across Retail, Wholesale and Ecommerce channels. S/He will be a key partner within the Merchandising team in order to help drive business growth and maximize sales through brand initiatives.They will undertake projects with high levels of engagement and curiosity.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Partners with merchants to build seasonal strategy for all channels of business
- Prepares qualitative and quantitative hind sighting; identifies product and delivery flow risks and cross-division opportunities
- Creates high level reports and presentations for Merchandising teams quarterly business reviews as well as senior management meetings
- Supports SKU reporting by analyzing SKU productivity needs of all brands on a weekly basis
- Solicits and performs ad-hoc analysis when needed
- Analyzes the business on an on-going basis to understand core drivers; identifies opportunities and risks and partners with Senior Directors of Merchandising to respond appropriately
- Tracks the development ratio seasonally to drive efficiency across channels
- Works with merchants at key milestones to ensure merchandise assortments needs are being built to achieve budget
- Leads process and manages aggregation of data across channels for initial projections and pre-market margin roll
- Brings visibility to the aggregation of regional plans with a global corporate lens to support End to End projects
- Ensures accurate and timely calendar management for each season
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience: 6+ years of experience in a retail or wholesale environment, including time as a Planner, Buyer, or as a wholesale analyst
Education: Bachelors degree with a business background
- Highly proficient in Excel and Word
- Knowledge of PowerPoint
- Knowledge of ACS, 7th On-Line and Tillerman preferred
- Strong Analytical/Math Skills
- Strategic thinker who recognizes opportunities and can influence decision makers to move to execution
- High level of conceptual creative ability. Strong product sense with proven experience in driving product assortments and partnering with Design to conceive product concepts that drive business.
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal and organizational skills communication between functional groups is very critical
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills including presenting complex material in an organized and compelling manner.
- Presenting and recommending strategies and building a business case
- Demonstrated experience in the following:
- Well-versed in planning and business intelligence systems, as well as advanced Microsoft windows applications, especially excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including meeting facilitation and presentations.
- Ability to influence senior leaders in department and division with the analysis you provide.
- Analytical mind comfortable developing data scenarios, variance analyses, and causal (basic) models.
- Advanced knowledge of Spreadsheet software (Excel).
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
Internal: Merchandising, Merchandise Planning, Design, Planning, and Sales teams
BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
DECISION MAKING: Must be able to make decisions quickly in an ever changing environment; partner cross functionally with brand merchandising, merchandise planning and channel to make decisions as needed
RESOURCEFULNESS/CREATIVITY: Must bring innovation and creativity to new processes when warranted.
ENVIRONMENT: Extremely fast-paced and deadline driven
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicants current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH