The Sr. Production Assistant is responsible for managing the end-to-end production process for a specific product collection from the order allocation to product delivery.This position reports to the Director of Operations and collaborates with cross-functional teams including regional overseas offices, tech design, merchandise marking, Fashion/Replenishment planning, customer service, distribution center, logistics.
Complete understanding of established processes and procedures, systems and reporting tools designed to identify demand and execute garment purchases are imperative to the execution of the tasks around garment production in a timely manner.
Position uses JDA, mainframe systems, and Excel reports to create, track and monitor the production of product from initial assortment of goods to the delivery of the finished goods to the warehouse. Perform finished goods tracking and reporting. Maintain production and inventory requirements for the business.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Work with India Operations team to ensure smooth and timely set up of style master in adherence to the seasonal calendar
- Issue and communicate assortment advice to overseas offices and factories prior to issue of purchase order to confirm quantity, delivery and cost.
- Monitor open order reporting to ensure accuracy and communicate required changes.
- Track production deliverables and status to proactively identify issues, propose solutions, and align with cross functional teams on a resolution that will minimize risk.
- Follow up change/cancel requests to determine if actionable based on production status. Work with regional teams to assess feasibility, estimate liabilities and determine delivery impact. Review options with brand and align on approach.
- Manage in-season agility requests from AA to delivery.
- Attend the following meetings as per Managers request: weekly chase/change/cancel meetings, production team meetings and other cross functional team meetings.
- Prepare and analyze weekly delivery reports to identify any delivery issues as it relates to factory delays and/or potential customer delivery delays.
- Maintain communications with all parties directly affected by purchasing and receiving of goods- Fashion/Replenishment demand partners, traffic, marketing service and warehouses, regarding inventories vs. production plan vs. actual deliveries.
- Elevate and production issues to Director, work for resolution and execute the determined course of action. Inform supervisor of any discrepancies and resolve delays in the schedule promptly
- Effective and clear daily communication via e-mail with the overseas offices
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience: 2+ years of Apparel Production experience
Education: Bachelor degree preferably in Supply Chain Management or Fashion
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Previous experience with integrated ERP systems including order management and product development modules
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced environment with both speed and accuracy
- Able to prioritize and multi-task work to meet critical deadlines
- Able to communicate effectively with cross functional partners at various levels in various locations globally
- Able to proactively identify issues, provide creative solution options and work collaboratively to resolve issues
- Strong organizational skills
- Good follow-up skills
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
Internal: Works very closely with the following departments: EDI, Customer Service,
Traffic, Warehouses, Inventory Management, Manufacturing Facilities, worldwide.
BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Daily responsibilities including timeliness, accuracy and tracking have an impact on the overall budgetary goals of the company.
Issue and communicate Purchase Orders in timely manner and meet set KPIs.
RESOURCEFULNESS/CREATIVITY: Team player, multi-tasker and motivated to take initiative.
ENVIRONMENT: Immediate pressure to meet deadlines and deliver goods on scheduled dates. Significant part of the day is spent working on projects, responding to emails, updating reports, etc.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicants current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH