POSITION TITLE: Manager, Innovation -Calvin Klein
DEPT/DIVISION: Sustainable Business Transformation
POSITION REPORTS TO: VP, Innovation, Calvin Klein
Sustainable Business Transformation (SBT) department is responsible to transform the current business to become more sustainable, innovative, inclusive and digital through strategic planning, building partnerships, purposeful communications and supporting systems.
To become more agile and respond to ever changing business and consumer needs, a commitment to innovation has to be embedded in all levels, including product creation, consumer marketing, and supply chain.
Within SBT team, The Manager, Innovation is responsible for the project management, execution and delivery of the innovation pipeline, from concept to consumer for all divisions.
The manager will own ideation, research of product and process solutions and development of innovative product solutions to support the CK Global best-in-class positioning with consumers. Responsibilities will include leading assigned innovation projects to fruition, ensuring viable execution and feasible costing structures to drive bottom-line margin expansion and top-line sales.
This role requires a creative problem solver, strong in understanding business strategy, great connecter, collaborator and communicator, project management, design, innovation and digital. This is a unique role that requires the ability to engineer and cross pollenate multi-industry disciplines, know-how, and technical best practices to develop disruptive, industry changing products.
Success for this role will be delivering innovation solutions with a robust process and structure.
Work directly with Design, Product Strategy, Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility Teams, Supply Chain, Communications, Marketing and Commercial teams to drive transformational change at the global brand level. Supporting the implementation of an innovative CK Forward platform linked to PVH Fashion Forward goals and targets including climate impact, circularity and inclusion.
The ideal candidate has strong knowledge and expertise on a broad range of Innovation subject-matter and a strong ability to work cross-functionally.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Partner with Sustainable Business Transformation team to bring CK Forward platform to life.
- Act as point of contact for numerous functional teams to ensure connectivity of strategy across the enterprise.
- Filter ideas from Innovation Ecosystem and allocate to the relevant area of the business according to the strategic priorities.
- Drive execution of Sustainable Product Innovation roadmap for Calvin Klein globally
- Display strong understanding of principles & knowledge areas of project management such as: scope, time, cost, quality, communication, risk, & stakeholder management.
- Support and maintain project management framework including standards, tools and procedures for reporting & record-keeping.
- Consultative role to Subject Matter Experts, bridging their own technical knowledge to various strategic initiatives across the Enterprise portfolio.
- Recognize new Innovation project opportunities based on current market trends, market gaps and existing customer research.
- Acts as main link between the Innovation Ecosystem and the enterprise to screen new ideas, innovators and new business opportunities.
- Ensure new processes/technology lands per defined requirements
- Manage assigned project workstreams across CK, categories and technical disciplines, bringing new ideas to the forefront for the business
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS: Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders:
CK: Senior Leadership, Design, Merchandising, Product Development, Sustainability, Strategy, Marketing & Comms, Supply, Operations, Finance, Sales, HR, Legal
PVH Corp: CR, Supply, Innovation, Operations, Comms
Customers, licensees, suppliers, Accelerators, Universities, Research Facilities, VC, partnerships.
Direct: To be confirmed
Indirect: leveraging the talent from existing teams, influence and lead cross functional teams
Strong influencing skills as the business transformation will require working with the executive team to provide recommendations and guide teams to make decisions in a timely manner.
Managing the strategic plan and providing a strong drive towards execution. Have an eye for technology trends and opportunities for application.
ENVIRONMENT: Fast pace environment. International and domestic travel required
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
At least 5-7 years experience (or equivalent education) in Innovation or advanced product development, preferably with diversified innovation experience in fashion industry
Exposure to Fashion Accelerators and Start Up communities
Involvement in sustainability initiatives within existing corporations or impact focused start-ups
In depth use of digital tools for traceability, transparency and/or product development
Bachelors Degree or advanced degree
- Extensive knowledge in project management
- Strong, confident, compelling communication and presentation skills