The Director, Product Sustainability, will drive execution, enabling the development of sustainable products from seasonal inception to final marketing and storytelling. The Director will focus on the environmental sustainability of the raw materials we source, driving our strategy and targets around creation of more sustainable products. The role will also include supporting the implementation of Calvin Kleins strategy on increasing the supply chain transparency and traceability of raw materials, conducting environmental impact review of new product and material sustainability technologies and innovations.
The Director will report to the Vice President, Sustainability and will collaborate closely with key internal partners, including Raw Materials, Product Development, Innovation, Design, Merchandising and Marketing as well as external stakeholders.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Lead roadmap creation and drive the implementation of Calvin Kleins product and materials sustainability strategy and initiatives, in partnership with key business units/leaders
- Build measurement systems and ensure reporting that enables decision-making to achieve internal goals, including scorecards, seasonal dashboards and forecasts, and other reporting.
- Build business cases, budgets and program requests for initiatives
- Monitor and report on progress towards targets using PVH reporting process
- Develop and deploy training materials to educate internal teams (including designers, supply chain, licensees, etc.) around sustainability claim verification and marketing
- Engage with strategic multi-stakeholder initiatives and promote the adoption of industry tools and best practices, where applicable
- Review, analyze and provide strategic recommendations related to improving adoption of environmentally preferred materials
- Communicate effectively to advance product and material specific sustainability initiatives with internal and external parties
- Track and analyze key product and materials sustainability issues
- Support Calvin Kleins effort to drive traceability across its key raw materials
- Ensure all aspects of product sustainability are embedded in business operations
- Partner with Brand Communications team to ensure internal and external communications on product and materials sustainability
- Proactively and effectively track, manage and respond to issues that have the potential to impact brand reputation
- Oversee the production of sustainable product communications materials and assets
- Develop partnerships and as appropriate represent Calvin Kleins interests at external meetings and conferences, to accelerate shared progress and achieve our targets
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS: Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders:
CK: Senior Leadership, Strategy, Marketing & Communications, Creative, Merch, Supply, Operations, Finance, Sales, HR, Legal
PVH Corp: CR, Supply, Innovation, Communications
Customers, licensees, suppliers, communities, NGOs, media, partnerships.
Direct: To be confirmed
Indirect: To be confirmed, leveraging the talent from existing teams, influence and lead cross functional teams
Oversight of platform operating budget
Strong influencing skills as the business transformation will require working with the executive team to provide recommendations and guide teams to make decisions in a timely manner.
Managing product and materials sustainability roadmpa and providing strong leadership to the teams to drive execution. Responsible for futureproof the business, transformation will be always on. Seeing what comes next and help to prepare the organization to navigate through the upcoming potential trends.
ENVIRONMENT: Fast pace environment. International and domestic travel required
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
8-12 years experience in sustainability/corporate responsibility. Demonstrated leadership, systems thinking and creativity to lead cross-functional partners in creating and implementing strategy and roadmaps. Strong ability to identify and prioritize opportunities and drive execution.
Bachelors Degree or advanced degree
- Demonstrated ability managing product environmental or corporate responsibility-related programs; Knowledge of the apparel industry, consumer goods industry, product development or supply chain preferred
- Experience with product creation sustainability, product life cycle assessment tools and the application of life cycle analysis to business decision-making
- Knowledge of and experience working with product sustainability standards and certifications including GOTS, GRS/RCS.
- Advanced MS Excel skills that can be used to combine and analyze data from various sources, and generate reports and graphics to help drive decision-making
- Positive and team-oriented attitude with a proactive approach, exceptional work ethic
- Strong problem-solving abilities with a solutions-oriented mindset
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and strong influencing skills in all levels
- Ability to anticipate needs and challenges, respond to changing demands, and produce deliverables on tight turnarounds
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related f