Position Summary:Responsible for controls and electrical, mechanical and hydraulic servicing and efficient maintenance of material handling machinery and equipment, HVAC, building and grounds in accordance with governmental regulations and company policies and procedures.
Primary Responsibilities/Accountabilities of the Job:
- Interprets vendor requirements to develop, schedule and control a preventive maintenance program.
- Plans and executes a CONTINUAL work schedule to maximize equipment uptime, associate safety and excellent working conditions.
- Coordinates activities of associates in the maintenance and repair of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems including: conveyors, laser scanners, automatic label printer applicators, chain driven sortation devices and HVAC systems. Assigns associate to specific projects based on knowledge of machinery and capabilities.
- Manages machine controls of the sortation and conveyor systems. Demonstrates proficiency in either Allen Bradley or Siemens controls systems, and develops staff to troubleshoot and update the system as necessary.
- Inspects jobs in process and at completion to ensure standards of workmanship and safety are maintained.
- Maintains inventories of maintenance material, supplies, and repair parts with an eye toward optimum uptime and minimum stores using criticality, vendor location, lead time and carrying cost trade-offs.
- Recommends, plans and implements equipment needs to improve production efficiencyand/or cost reduction procedures.
- Trains and evaluates staff.
- Maintains security and fire alarm system.
- The ability to work in a constant state of alertness
Internal & External Contacts:
Internal : All Mgmt. & Supervision, Union Hourly Staff, IT, IE
External : Machinery & Equipment Vendors, Utility Vendors, Security System Reps., Corp. IE, Building Contractors, Grounds Maintenance Contractors
Direct : 6 Hourly, 1 Clerical
Indirect : 1 to 10 on Temporary Projects
l. M. H. Equipment Maintenance - 1 million plus.
2. Sortation Maintenance
3. Maintenance Parts Inventory
4. Staff Salary: 150K - 170K / year
5. Negotiates Vendor Contracts
1. Determines best pm schedule for all equipment
2. Recommends when outside contractors should be utilized
3. Prioritizes daily work assignments of maintenance staff to ensure maximum productivity.
1. Troubleshoots, analyzes and develops method to correct equipment failures
2. Develops network of outside vendors, contractors, etc. to assist in emergency situations
1. Must keep equipment downtime to a minimum
Qualifications & Experience:
Experience: Five years of direct or related experience in an automated environment
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Technology or related discipline
Skills: Outstanding technical, planning and trouble shooting skills are a must. Personal qualities of leadership, tenacity, enthusiasm, team spirit and solidoral and written communications skills are essential
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicants current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH