Accountable for developing Annual Financial Plans on monthly basis at division level, forecasting business based on changes in strategies or business climate, and managing inventory to support updated forecasts, in order to meet or exceed the companys target.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Responsible for developing Annual Financial Plans on a monthly basis in accordance with corporate goals, utilizing historical performance, trend analysis, and input from merchant partnership. Utilize planning system and template to project sales, margin and inventory components for the quarter at the month or week level.
- Partner with merchant team on quarterly purchase plan by brand and category level. Review quarterly receipts to ensure buy assortment ties back to financial goals. Work with merchant team to present assortment and financial projections to senior management for final signoff.
- Coordinate among the team to leverage inventory between Direct Retail and E-Commerce.
- Prepare final fiscal plans at monthly or weekly department level for signoff from Director/ VP of planning/ Managing Director.
In-Season Tactical Adjustments
- Prepare report that shows E-Commerce KPIs and business performance and provide qualitative feedback and action recommendation.
- Forecast sales, margin, and inventory at a department level by week in the Merchandise Planning system and template, on a monthly basis. Reforecast financial projection based on changes in business strategies, business climate and receipt flow.
- Partner with allocation team on weekly replenishment to ensure that flow of merchandise allocation supports the needs at department level.
- Meet with cross functional team to review business weekly. Provide the team with financial information at department level for the week, in order to review current business against projection, plan and last year information. Provide suggestions and make tactical adjustments based on current trends to drive business and manage inventory level.
- Simulate different scenarios in Merchandise Planning system to support changes in business strategies. Assess risk of sales, margin and inventory position.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 3 years forecasting/planning experience preferable in Retail fashion industry with E-Commerce channel.
Bachelor degree and/or an advance education in Accounting/Finance, Business Administration related disciplines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and a self-motivation.
- Knowledge of forecast/planning systems - Retail/Demand Planning, Inventory management, Sales & Purchasing.
- Strong computer skills including Excel and Word.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills in Mandarin Chinese and English.