POSITION SUMMARY: Build, develop and manage best-in-class product strategies, business processes and merchandising organizations that lead to the successful and sustainable development of the CKJ business in the Asia Pacific region.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Develop Asia Pacific merchandise plan by understanding future trends, analyzing current business and collecting feedback from directly operated and distribution countries.
- Keep relevant departments & affiliated offices informed of key global product initiatives. Liaise with involved parties to ensure those initiatives are launched according to an agreed plan.
- In partnership with Global Design Teams, identify potential gaps in the line plan, make recommendations for improving the assortment for the market.
- Review seasonal assortments (collections) relative to the merchandise plan and ensure they can meet company targets.
- Monitor yearly, seasonal budgets and inventory plans by country.
- Responsible for preparing market presentations with line and product direction, style assortments and pricing.
- Review sell-in and sell-through on a regional and country level. Monitor and analyze sales performance & inventory levels by market.
- Provides core and seasonal product knowledge support to Retail Operations to drive sales and service and generate excitement within our retail channels
- Communicates closely with Retail Operations, wholesale and franchise partners and other stakeholders to continually understand buying trends, developments amongst competitors, consumer insights, etc.
- Lead team members in all cross-function toward business and profitability objectives; monitor progress against objectives and define strategies to correct problems as they arise.
- Drives continuous improvement of Merchandising systems and processes (sales and sell-through analysis; OTB management; sales modelling and forecasting; hindsight studies; style and size analysis; competitive/market intelligence; pricing research) to optimize the business.
- Lead and communicate effectively with a team of merchandisers at varying levels; responsible for team building, coaching, and training.
- Build a high performing team through talent development; create individual and team goals based on performance metrics; monitor performance and give clear and frequent feedback.
- Anticipate and plan for future business/organizational needs.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 10 years all-rounded merchandising experience, with at least 5 years in a managerial role in the retail industry
- Previous working experience in Apparel is an advantage.
Education: Bachelor degree preferred
- Solid understanding of retail buying and the product creation process
- Strong commercial sense and knowledge of consumer/fashion trends
- Intense interest in fashion branding / retailing
- Creative, visionary and able to articulate product point-of-view
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Collaborative with the ability to work across functions and in concert with the region and global counterparts
- Excellent people and process management skills
- high-level English required
- Able to travel at least 30% of the time