Job Title: Senior Product Developer, Pants / Shorts, Tommy Hilfiger Menswear
Reporting into: Senior Manager, Product Development Tommy Hilfiger Menswear
Department & Team: Product Development Tommy Hilfiger Menswear
Revision Date: August 4, 2021
About PVH Corp.
PVH is one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world.
We power brands that drive fashion forward for good.
Our brand portfolio includes the iconic CALVIN KLEIN, TOMMY HILFIGER, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Warners, Olga and Geoffrey Beene brands, as well as the digital-centric intimates brand True&Co. We market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands. PVH has over 40,000 associates operating in over 40
countries and $9.9 billion in annual revenues. That's the Power of Us. Thats the Power of PVH.
About Tommy Hilfiger
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 16,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than1,400 retail storesthroughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of theTommy Hilfigerbrand were $9.2 billionin 2019
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a brand portfolio that includesTOMMY HILFIGERandTOMMY JEANS.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the worlds most recognized premium designer lifestyle groups and is recognized for celebrating the essence of classic American cool style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Its focus is designing and marketing high-quality mens tailored clothing and sportswear, womens collection apparel and sportswear, kidswear, denim collections, underwear (including robes, sleepwear and loungewear), footwear and accessories. Through select licensees, Tommy Hilfiger offers complementary lifestyle products such as eyewear, watches, fragrance, swimwear, socks, small leather goods, home goods and luggage.
The Tommy Hilfiger Menswear division is one of the main business drivers within Tommy Hilfiger Europe. Based in the Amsterdam European HQ, the team is split into 5 sub teams: Design, Product Development, Supply Value Chain, Buying & Planning and Merchandising & Sales
These 5 teams work together in an informal setting to create superbly styled and high-end quality products for the European consumer base. Tommy Hilfiger Menswear presents 4 collections per year (Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter).
The Senior Product Developer is responsible for the sourcing and product development from sketch (created by Design / Merchandise) until SMS and start of production. The product is developed, produced and received based on the standards and goals established in cooperation with the Design / Merchandising department. The key objective is to be responsible for the follow up of the total Non Denim pants / shorts development in collaboration with Merchandise, Design, Technical team and Sales.
- Responsible for sourcing and development of the Non Denim Bottoms Collection.
- Works with the offshore offices, vendors to control the status and changes to the styles, follows up on deadlines for proto samples, lab-dips, sales samples, size sets approval samples.
- Responsible for tracking all proto and fit samples for each season of the collection as well as proactive planning.
- Prepares and participates in adoption and alignment meetings makes collection overviews with Design and Merchandise.
- Coordinates and ensures that all the systems are updated and matching as per internal information (PLM etc.).
- Responsible for the maintenance of the garment worksheets and size specifications in close collaboration with Design and the Technical team.
- Travels to production facilities in Turkey, to build the collections and coordinate the sampling process
- Takes a pro-active role in continuously improving the product in ways of quality and fit. Searches new innovative ways for washing and dyeing to enhance the Non Denim product.
- Responsible for the option count of the Non Denim Collection, together with Merchandise.
- Responsible for reaching the requested margin on the product.
- Negotiates the best possible FOB per style. Has a deep understanding of pricing and understands the different components of cost.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Education: higher textile education (AMFI, Saxion, TMO)
- Minimum 5 years working experience in development/sourcing/production/washing of bottoms/pants field.
- Used to working under pressure with deadlines. Is organized and structured.
- Ability to think out of the box, solution orientated and pragmatic.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Solid expertise of (European) fabrics and physical development and production
- Solid knowledge of garment / Pants specifications, fitting and pattern making.
- Willingness to travel.
- Hands on product mentality and good fashion taste level.
- Team player
- Fluent in English
What You Can Expect from Us:
- Acompanyculturethat fostersdevelopment, offering trainingand learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality,and individuality
- Amonthly Covid home- office budget
- Asmart work programthatempowers ourassociates to workfrom home in the Netherlands, withina flexible schedule
- Abeautifulstate-of-the-artCampus awaiting you upon our return to the office
Please include an up to date portfolio and motivational letter with your application. We would love to see your aesthetic as well how you commercially design to understand why this is THE role for you!
PVH Europe and ourbrands,TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong s