The Technical Design Manager provides technical support for Calvin Klein Global Supply Chain through strong technical proficiency, organization, and leadership. He or she will direct his or her team in order to achieve correct fits and design details from design inception through production top of line within the compliance calendar dates.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Interact with Design and Merchandising during proto development to achieve design standards.
- Supervise and participate in the creation and maintenance of all Web PDM tech packs
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of proto, sample, and production status charts and reference books in conjunction with the compliance approval process.
- Direct block, proto, and production fittings. Update all fit notes and revised size specs into PDM in a timely manner and pass to production team. Ability to clearly communicate pattern spec and fit changes through sourcing to offshore vendors.
- Ensure that all protos and samples are reviewed upon arrival for trim and details.
- Supervise proto and sample review set up.
- Develop and set up in-house block library.
- Develop industry standard points of measurement, grade rules, and tolerances and set up in PDM.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
Internal: Design, Merchandising, and Sourcing teams
External: Factories, external vendors
Direct: Sr. Technical Designer, Technical Designer, Associate Technical Designer
Indirect: Product Development Admin Associates
BUDGETARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Must work with design and Supply Chain teams to ensure maintain design integrity while ensuring that price guidelines are adhered to.
- Seasonal execution.
- Budget decisions within the confines of a preset budget.
- Issue resolution in partnership with internal GSC Sourcing Teams / leaders
- Product decisions for execution in the production pipeline.
RESOURCEFULNESS/CREATIVITY: Must be solution-oriented and be willing and able to find creative solutions to complex problems.
ENVIRONMENT: Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally, if needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 10 years of related work experience; 3 years of experience as a Manager
- 5 years experience in women's intimates a plus
- Bra fit and pad development experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of pattern making and garment construction
- Strong communication and follow-up skills
Education: Bachelors Degree in related field
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Professional, mature person with command presence
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Classic / WEB PDM
- Microsoft Office Suite
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicants current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH