About PVH Corp.
PVH is one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world. We power brands that drive fashion forward for good. Our brand portfolio includes the iconicCALVIN KLEIN,TOMMY HILFIGER,Van Heusen,IZOD, ARROW,Warners,OlgaandGeoffrey Beenebrands, as well as the digital-centricTrue&Co.intimates brand. We market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands. PVH has over 40,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and $9.9 billion in annual revenues. That's the Power of Us. Thats the Power of PVH.
What does a Technical Developer do at Tommy Hilfiger?
Based in Amsterdam, the technical developer will participate in the end to end development process for the Tommy Hilfiger womenswear casual woven team. Developing product from concept through to bulk delivery, whilst creating high quality and beautifully fitting garments.
Throughout the development process the tech is responsible for ensuring comments and specs are clear, supporting the vendor / factory / buying office when necessary. Must be well organized, able to work to tight deadlines and be a clear and succinct communicator.
- Reports into the Senior Technical Developer for Tommy Jeans
- Must be accurate, skilled and knowledgeable within technical development of pants and denim.
- Control and maintain a consistent block library, driving any seasonal block refresh amendments across the supply base.
- Responsible for creating and controlling sample specs from initial concept sketch to bulk production.
- Communicate and work closely with designer and product developer to interpret sketches & styling, collection overview and achieve shared deadlines and margins.
- Liaising with European and North African vendors and PVH overseas buying offices.
- Sample tracking and in-house sample management.
- Handling of daily issues in end to end technical development process; including spec development, fitting, vendor support & maintaining quality standards.
- Adhere to critical path, both internally and externally to support the development and production of the collection achieving on time for delivery at all stages of the process.
- Cross functional partnership to ensure correct product is delivered in accordance to design, merchandising, technical and quality requirements
- Drive fit meetings including capturing comments and changes & communicating these internally and externally.
- Work closely with product managers & internal teams to capture, troubleshoot & resolve any product related risks during the development process.
- Work within our PLM system to ensure data integrity.
- Maintain tracking spreadsheets & departmental spreadsheets.
- Flexible in travel Europe 4 times per year minimum. (When restrictions allow)
- Analyze markets and competitors
- Degree in Fashion design/technology/pattern cutting related course
- The ideal candidate should have 4+ years experience in technical development, sourcing and production in denim.
- Eye for silhouette and attention to detail
- An understanding of pattern making a knowledge of Gerber system is advantageous
- Good knowledge and keen interest in wash, fabric, construction, and production operation
- PLM systems experience preferred
- 3D Browzewear experience preferred
- Must have good organization skills
- Good communication skills in English written and oral
- Practical and proactive
- Flexible and hands-on mentality
- Strong team player
- Full time position only
What You Can Expect from Us:
- Acompanyculturethat fostersdevelopment, offering trainingand learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality,and individuality
- Amonthly Covid home- office budget
- Asmart work programthatempowers ourassociates to workfrom home in the Netherlands, withina flexible schedule
- Abeautifulstate-of-the-artCampus awaiting you upon our return to the office
Please include a cover letter with your application. We would love to know why this is THE role for you!
PVH Europe and ourbrands,TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.