The Designer is responsible for designing Calvin Klein Jeans Womens knit and sweater products, working closely with Senior Graphic Designer on graphic execution, based on Global design direction, also input from Merchandising teams to develop brand right products for Asia and Europe
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Design for mainline collection, capsules ad special programs
- Research competitors and trends within apparel, lifestyle and other relevant industries. Work closely with design director to help translating seasonal concepts to product lines.
- Initiate design and product ideas in executing inspiration and mood boards for internal and external presentations.
- Develop collections and products (this includes hand-sketches, illustrations, technical drawings, 3D sketch, color concepts, story boards, merchandising boards, graphic solutions, etc.) for presentation, review and approvals.
- Create design tech packages
- Attend fit and prototype review sessions; make revisions to artwork and technical call outs on tech packages.
- Skillful in technical /CAD sketching, Illustrator, 3D sketch and Photoshop support for departmental projects.
- Participate in product development/sourcing in all issues regarding the realization of products form concept to samples.
- Supports loading of sketches and tech packs into the internal database.
- Participle and partner with sourcing and development counterparts in ensuring product creation meets designs, quality and price expectations
- Work closely with European design hub on style alignment, to ensure one strong design team
- Partner with Senior Graphic Designer on graphic execution
- Communicate and work closely in a team atmosphere.
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
Internal: Merchandising; Design team members; Global Supply Chain partners
External: Factories; Material suppliers
CREATIVITY: Must possess high degree of fashion aesthetic; interest in trends, lifestyles, competitors and media. Supports introduction of new ideas. Can work within the creative process effectively, and support bring ideas to realization.
TEAMWORK: Builds good working relationships; collaborates toward deadlines and deliverables. Able to communicate effectively across the team and organization; effectively works at long distances.
ORGANIZING: Works according to defined schedules and deadlines; takes direction well and able to work with high accountability; manages own work and tracks progress. Seeks out resources to get things done; able to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
ENVIRONMENT: Ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented setting; interface with Global Design and Supply Chain.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience: 5+ years design experience
Education: Bachelors Degree in Fashion Design
- Strong fashion aesthetic and creativity
- Knowledge of technical design, fabrics and other materials
- Good interpersonal and communication abilities
- Knowledge of design-related applications and software (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, 3D Sketch) a must, plus office software (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel )
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written