This role is seeking a seasoned legal profession to become part of legal team, providing legal expertise and business solutions to commercial transactions and agreements, supporting a wide variety of business functions including but not limited to retail and wholesale operation, store leasing, marketing, and others.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
Working closely as a business partner with the local teams for both Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger brands and provide legal support.
- Draft and review all kinds of operations contracts in apparel industry and maintain standardized contract review and administration.
- Provide professional advices and solutions to issues arising during business operations to protect best interest of the company.
- Under the guidance of Legal Director, deliver training or direction internally on matters related to sound business practices and corporate governance.
- Streamline and drive efficiency in contract review and completion by creating and maintaining form agreements and other processes, as appropriate. Ensure legal services are supported by effective and efficient tools, templates and processes.
- Handle authorization, license and brand protection related matters with close cooperation of the legal central corporate function.
- Keep abreast of latest development of rules and regulations which are related to or affecting operations.
- Provides support to Regional Legal Department on different initiatives, projects and assignments as allocated from time to time.
- 5 to 8 years+ hands-on in house legal working experience is required. Candidate with less years of experience but having strong potentials may be considered as Paralegal.
- Experience in MNC(s) is a must; Demonstrate familiarity with business and legal practices in commercial operations in retail operations, apparel industry is a plus.
- Familiarity with handling company secretarial affairs is a must.
- Experience at leading law firm(s) is a plus.
PRC Bar qualified is a plus, candidate with relevant experience but no bar qualification will be considered.
- High level of accuracy in work, attentive to details.
- Self-motived and ability to work under tight deadlines; ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high pressure environment.
- Good organizational and time management abilities with proficiency to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Work successfully with business teams in multiple physical locations, with colleagues of various cultures and nationalities.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and a highly collaborative working style, with demonstrated success working in small teams, playing a hands-on role to meet a variety of legal needs of the businesses.
- Proficient in all kinds of office software and equipment to be competent for modern office needs.
- Good written and oral English and Chinese.
- Concrete Legal education background from PRC reputable law school(s) (overseas education background is plus).