Job Title: Product Developer Tommy Hilfiger Accessories
Reporting into: Product Development Manager Tommy Hilfiger Accessories
Department & Team: Tommy Hilfiger Accessories, SPWW team
Revision Date: August, 2020
About PVH Corp.
PVH is one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world.
We power brands that drive fashion forward for good.
Our brand portfolio includes the iconic CALVIN KLEIN, TOMMY HILFIGER, Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Warners, Olga and Geoffrey Beene brands, as well as the digital-centric intimates brand. True&Co. We market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands. PVH has over 40,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and $9.9 billion in annual revenues. That's the Power of Us. Thats the Power of PVH.
About Tommy Hilfiger
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 16,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than1,400 retail storesthroughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of theTommy Hilfigerbrand were $9.2 billionin 2019
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a brand portfolio that includesTOMMY HILFIGERandTOMMY JEANS.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the worlds most recognized premium designer lifestyle groups and is recognized for celebrating the essence of classic American cool style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Its focus is designing and marketing high-quality mens tailored clothing and sportswear, womens collection apparel and sportswear, kidswear, denim collections, underwear (including robes, sleepwear and loungewear), footwear and accessories. Through select licensees, Tommy Hilfiger offers complementary lifestyle products such as eyewear, watches, fragrance, swimwear, socks, small leather goods, home goods and luggage.
The department has a family atmosphere, as it is one of the smallest in TH.
Although we are small, we are one of the fastest growing departments so there is a lot of opportunity. We are based in the Amsterdam European HQ and as PD you will work closely with Design, Merchandise, Sourcing & Production, Buying & Planning and our Buying office team in China. Next to our Buying office we also have a couple of direct vendors.
The Product Developer is responsible for the product development from sketch (created by Design) until final product for the SPWW Accessories team. The product is developed, produced and received based on the standards and goals established in cooperation with the Design/ Merchandise department.
Liaise with Design for initial sourcing initiatives (e.g. sourcing trips) during Global Creative Research, with the objective to foster innovation and to ensure competitive price points
- Advise Design during development process regarding cost implications and provide call-outs regarding quality risks to the product
- Responsible for product management throughout the development process, by attending key meetings (e.g. raw materials meeting, proto review, final price meeting, SMS review), and advising on possible improvements of product and margins , and signing off (pre-production) samples
- Collaborate with merchandising to set target FOB prices with the objective to achieve margins
- Negotiate FOB prices with Direct Vendors and Buying Office throughout the development and production process, ensuring margins are maintained for actual order quantities
- Review and monitor bulk orders with Buying & Planning to ensure timeliness of style bookings for bulk delivery and advise on pre-booking of raw materials
- Send vendor requests for protos and SMS to vendors, elaborate on requests during handover (on site) using technical packs, sketches and manage escalation of issues during (bulk) production
- Involved in risk assessment and assignment of care labels, collaborating with Central Quality Assurance regarding any quality issues
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of data in PLM (e.g. BOM, prices), by continuously updating the system
- Provide analyses and reporting on KPIs related to product development (e.g. margins, vendor performance, season evaluation)
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum 2 years working experience indevelopment/production.
- Team player with strong work ethic
- Used to working under pressure with tight deadlines
- Solid knowledge of textiles (woven/knits) & preferably also leather and PU
- Graduated at a degree level or equivalent
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, fluency in written and spoken English are a must
What You Can Expect from Us:
- Acompanyculturethat fostersdevelopment, offering trainingand learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality,and individuality
- Amonthly Covid home- office budget
- Asmart work programthatempowers ourassociates to workfrom home in the Netherlands, withina flexible schedule
- Abeautifulstate-of-the-artCampus awaiting you upon our return to the office
Please include an up to date portfolio and motivational letter with your application. We would love to see your aesthetic as well how you commercially design to understand why this is THE role for you!
PVH Europe and ourbrands,TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.