As Junior Designer in the TOMMY JEANS team, you will be responsible for creating new and exciting styles for various product categories, from Jeans to Shirts to Dresses. You will be designing Gender Neutral, Men and Womens garments simultaneously.
Our styles will cover Asian markets business opportunities and should complement the Global Concept and collection designed in Europe. We are looking for an enthusiastic all-rounder or a specialist who is looking to broaden their skills and is up for the challenge, to join our compact TOMMY JEANS Design & Development team.
- Research trends within the Asian Market and translate ideas into designs that fits Tommy Jeans
- Work closely with Designer Manager on various product categories, including but not exclusive to Denim, Woven Tops/Dresses/Shirts, Cut & Sewn Knits/Tops/Dresses and Sweaters for all genders.
- Initiate design direction for the categories you work on for the season
- Create Technical Development Drawing made with Adobe Illustrator as part of Design Worksheet
- Use Development tool PLM to create a clear and detailed Tech Pack for our suppliers to work with.
- Participate in product development/sourcing to help realize products from concept to actual samples
- Actively participate in proto & SMS fit review sessions, make revisions on tech pack
- Continually manage PLM updates when needed
- Communicate clearly with all the different departments involved
- Proactively taking on new challenges
- Help with office tasks
- Bachelors Degree in Fashion & Design
- 2+ years design experience
- Strong on trend Fashion sense and Technical & Creative abilities on various product categories
- Easy going, well-organized, flexible and team player with good communication abilities, open to learn and broaden your knowledge
- Good knowledge of design related software; Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop/InDesign are a must. MS Office, PLM & 3D Browzwear is a plus.
- Technical design, garment construction, fabrics and trims for various product categories are a must
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written