Part Time Photo/Video Assistant
- Ju-Ju-Be, Intl
- United States
- Costa Mesa, Newport Beach
- 0 year(s)
- Min Salary: $15.00 - Max Salary: $18.00 per Hour
Ju-Ju-Be is seeking a part time photo and video assistant to help in our marketing department. Hours are variable and on an as-needed basis. Location is in Costa Mesa/Newport Beach.
Job duties include the following:
• Prepping product for shooting in the in-house studio. This includes stuffing and steaming as necessary.
• Maintaining a shot list for products and ensuring that proper shots are taken.
• Working with the Creative Director, assisting in shooting products in the in-house studio. Over time, and with the proper training, this duty will become a solo activity.
• Cataloging and cleaning up studio shots.
• Uploading shots to a Digital Asset Manager.
• Prepping location, models, product, wardrobe, and props for lifestyle/fashion photo shoots.
• Attending and assisting with lifestyle/fashion photo shoots.
• Maintaining a shot list for lifestyle/fashion photo shoots and ensuring that proper shots are taken.
• Cataloging and cleaning up lifestyle/fashion shots.
• Uploading lifestyle/fashion shots to a Digital Asset Manager
• Prepping location/equipment or studio for video shoots.
• Handing raw assets after video shoot is done and cataloging in preparation for editing.
• Learning to edit and compile standard brand videos.
This is an excellent opportunity, at an entry level, to gain experience in a fast-paced environment with real life impact. Please submit a resume and any photography portfolio work available. Payment range $15-$18 depending on experience. Workload is variable depending on the season and time but 10 to 30 hours per week is typical.
• DLSR equipment knowledge including body functions, lens functions, auto and manual modes.
• Flash knowledge and lighting basics
• Composition, focus, white balance and color knowledge
• Excellent organization and computer skills are a must!
• Basic Lightroom and Photoshop skills necessary. Intermediate to advanced preferred.
• Basic video shooting skills necessary. Intermediate to advanced preferred.
• Extra bonus….video editing skills!