JuJuBe, the leading brand of bags for the on the go mother, is seeking a highly motivated Junior Designer to work in our Product Development department. You must be trend aware, excel at ideation, and assist through the execution of the product. We have a multi-channel, multi-price point product range. You must be flexible in your thinking, be able to empathize with consumers through all demographics and be motivated by measuring success by objective business goals, not by how cool your design might be. You must possess a strong work ethic and be willing to work long hours within tight timelines. The ideal candidate will be someone with artistic/fashion design talent who is hungry to build a business career. You supply the design, drawing and creative skills, we will teach you the business.
**Please be sure to submit work samples with your application**
The Junior Product Designer will:
1. Work with our product team to help create product designs and then develop ways to communicate the designs/products to a variety of users… other departments within our own company, customers, manufacturers, etc.
2. Work with our marketing and sales departments to help develop the needed product materials for sales meetings and marketing initiatives.
3. From time to time, you must be able to efficiently and smoothly coordinate work with outside contractors such as: industrial, graphic designers or product engineers.
4. Lead trend analysis, color pallet development and fabric and trim recommendations
5. This job is 80% PRODUCT design/development and 20% of the job will be assisting in “other” design (packaging, graphics, marketing materials).
• Excellent and fast at sketching, drawing, rendering products, primarily bags, by hand.
• Must be able to create product design ideation sketches on the fly from a verbal or written product brief with or without the help of reference samples.
• Must be able to go from ideation sketches to more complete (stylized/semi-realistic) color renderings quickly and effectively.
• Must be able to create technical 2D orthographic drawings, by hand, illustrator, or via photoshop and reference samples.
• The ability to communicate product design concepts to co-workers and customers either verbally and/or via drawings, photos and text is critical.
• The ability to communicate effectively via drawings and email with Asian based factories will also be critical to the successful execution of this job.
• Excellent verbal communication skills in English is a must. Fluency in Mandarin is desirable.
• Must be able to assist Product Development people manage sample development and revisions through the conclusion of the project.
• Self-motivated and disciplined.
• Capable of working on several projects at once with the ability to remain creative and positive while working within short timelines and tight deadlines.
• Creative problem solver. Lateral thinker. Talented innovator.
• Exacting Attention to Detail.
• Degree (or equivalent experience) in Fashion Design, Product Design or Industrial Design is a must.
• 0-2 years experience in product design, textile experience preferred.
• Must be Proficient in Adobe Suite- Illustrator and Photoshop (or similar)
• Familiarity with Solid Works, or similar 3D modeling program is desirable.
• Familiarity with cut and sew, and even the ability to sew mock ups, is desirable.
Please apply ONLY if you have uncanny sketching abilities and a burning interest to learn about product development.
If interested, please forward resume and salary requirements along with portfolio samples or a link to online portfolio.
Junior Product Designer
|Required Experience:||1 year(s)|
|Salary Range:||Not available|
Posted 9 days ago