The Ecommerce & Performance Marketing Director is responsible for planning and executing all digital marketing efforts including paid search, paid social SEO and email in addition to leading the JuJuBe.com site merchandising and operations strategies for both customer acquisition and retention. You will be accountable for the ecommerce P&L and collaborate with colleagues in brand/product marketing, technology, customer care and wholesale sales to create brand awareness, drive conversion, and grow customer lifetime value. Reporting to the CEO, you will be tasked with building a high-achieving Ecommerce and Performance Marketing team and network of external partners required to support the brand’s aggressive objectives. You must be a hands-on, pragmatic manager capable of delivering results in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
What you’ll be doing:
Performance Marketing: Leverage owned digital assets and paid and organic digital properties to acquire new customers and grow customer retention
• Paid Search: hands-on management of Google AdWords campaigns, optimizing for new customer acquisition while balancing the roas and achieving sales targets
• Paid Social: hands-on management of social campaigns in Facebook Ads Manager, regularly updating to achieve sales and kpi targets
• SEO: partner with marketing team to build content calendar in support of long term SEO strategy.
• Deliver consumer lifecycle-based marketing strategies that deliver appropriate messaging and offers to individual customers based on their onsite journey.
• Lead monthly email marketing strategy and execution. Continually test and optimize automated email flows to improve engagement.
• Partner with brand marketing team to implement strategies for new customer email and SMS acquisition.
• Schedule all text messages, test and continually optimize automatic flows to grow subscribers, revenue, and engagement.
• Build strong partnerships with third party agencies to grow customer acquisition, conversion and retention across all platforms including: email, text, affiliate, ratings & reviews.
• Develop CRM strategy leveraging loyalty program and all other tools to re-engage lapsed customers, grow customer LTV, and purchase frequency.
• Liaise with affiliate marketing agency to continually test new strategies growing new customer acquisition and roas while achieving revenue targets.
• Provide robust monthly reporting and analysis of digital marketing results; lead discussions sharing key learnings with brand team to inform future investments.
• Frequently test new marketing channels, merchandising features, and other business opportunities to improve the customer experience and grow revenue/ EBITDA
eCommerce Merchandising & Operations: Develop and execute strategies to rapidly achieve multi-fold growth in direct-to-consumer revenue while meeting brand and profitability objectives.
• Using Shopify as a CMS, optimize path-to-purchase on jujube.com, ensuring shoppers can easily navigate, learn about our products, and brand, and complete a frictionless purchase.
• Build and execute a strategic roadmap for the JuJuBe web presence, including content, merchandising, navigation, search engine optimization, mobile optimization, and UX/UI.
• Set organic traffic targets and implement on-site SEO strategy.
• Implement onsite testing strategy to improve the online user experience, improve conversion and aov.
• Utilize existing apps such as Fast Simon, Stamped.io to optimize features improving customer conversion, engagement and sales.
• Utilize Shopify & connected apps reporting to identify areas of opportunity to grow revenue.
• Partner with Ecom merchandiser & Brand Operations manager to project order velocity across the calendar year ensuring fulfillment SLAs with 3pl shipping vendor can be achieved.
• Develop & execute site merchandising strategy to support customer shopping patterns and product calendar.
Leadership: Manage across the organization, working collaboratively to achieve team objectives and providing coaching to support development.
• Start as ground floor team of two, with one direct report, while managing outside vendors to scale business.
• Build and lead a cross-functional team of specialists as the site and marketplace listings grow.
• Ownership of the digital channel P&L, including vendor budgeting, setting sales targets and long-term planning.
• Collaborate with Brand Marketing to develop a digital marketing and editorial calendar aligned with the brand’s business and merchandise strategy.
• Serve as the strategist for all Amazon business and act as the primary liaison with the company’s Amazon management agency. Working with the outside agency, deliver strong growth on Amazon by executing efficiently in all areas, including content, advertising, and operational excellence.
• Identify, select, negotiate with and manage external technology and business partners; ensure they meet performance and cost objectives.
• Prepare annual budgets, provide ongoing results analysis and forecasting, and drive prioritization of investments through quantitative business justification.
• Serve as digital marketing and ecommerce thought leader and champion, sharing business results in quarterly board meetings and bring new ideas and best practices to position JuJuBe at the forefront of our industry segment.
What we need from you:
• Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of overall work experience.
• 5+ years of demonstrated success in a digital marketing leadership role with 5+ years of hands-on ecommerce experience.
• 2+ years of experience managing direct reports.
• 2+ years of experience in the Shopify ecosystem including experience with 3rd party plugins and apps.
• Branded consumer goods experience, fashion, accessories, or baby industry experience a plus.
• Strong understanding of paid digital media universe and demonstrated ability to build robust digital media plans that deliver results.
• Strong proficiency in online merchandising, user experience design, and usability best practices.
• Excellent analytic skills – ability to extract insights from data and calculate program performance.
• Track record of innovative strategic thinking combined with pragmatic, roll-up-the-sleeves execution, and results delivery.
• Skilled and experienced negotiator.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to motivate and persuade.
• Ability to work across functions to catalyze change in a positive, collaborative, and transparent way.
• Self-starter, willingness, can-do attitude.
• Ability to meet in-person in the Orange County metro area as business requires.
• Must be able to work under pressure and extended hours when required.
• Remote based Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
• Paid time off
• Employee discount
Our mission is simple: we design bags to support parents on one of the most stressful, joyful, challenging and rewarding journeys in life… parenthood.
JuJuBe was founded by parents for parents over 15 years ago. After an exhaustive search showed that current competitive products always left moms searching for a better blend of features for their diaper bag, JuJuBe assimilated the most advanced technology possible creating a product line unrivaled in the industry. We make smart bags for smart people!