Senior Product Development Manager - Apparel
- Skechers USA
- United States
- Manhattan Beach
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
Now Trending: Careers at SKECHERS.
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
The Sr. Manager Product Development and Sourcing will be responsible for managing the product creation process from final design hand off through commercialization under the direction of the VP of Apparel and in collaboration with the creative design team, retail store team, global sourcing partners and wholesale sales team.
They will manage a team of Product Developers to execute Skechers Apparel product through development and final production according to seasonal time and action calendars.
They will also be aware of all relevant information on the consumer, competition, retail landscape, market trends, business strategy, planning and analysis
• Manage and monitor the execution of the business strategy and plans for the Apparel business ensuring a quality product is consistently delivered.
• Build, manage and maintain Time and Action Calendars for all apparel products across each factory and country.
• Monitor daily status of line development including production, design, and technical design. Must fully understand garment-manufacturing process to insure compliance to all lead times.
• Analyze all price quotes, work with merchants to insure target costs are achieved, and understand fabric and yarn costs.
• Approve all fabrics & yarns for appearance, quality, weight and hand-feel, using formal guidelines and technical knowledge.
• Approve prototype samples for style details and construction.
• Manage workflow from initial sketch through final placement of styles.
• Manage approval process of all strikes offs, patterns trims, and technically correct lab dips.
• Establish and manage tracking tools for all products in development through final production. Keep up on daily communication with overseas offices and factories.
• Train and manage product development team.
• Collaborate with cross-functional partners in design, development, retail and marketing to communicate and educate product knowledge, ensure successful line launches and receive feedback for continued improvements.
• Travel to factories, retail outlets, trade shows as necessary to execute and follow through on brand strategies.
• Analyze business results at retail and competitor trends and adjust future product assortments as necessary to maximize sales, profitability, and inventory turns; while maintaining brand integrity standards.
• Develop and manage the product calendar for seasonal deliveries and special events.
• Years of related professional experience: 5+
• Strong communication and presentation skills; written and verbal
• Works effectively with a team and are solution oriented and a forward thinking problem solver.
• Possess eye for creativity and quality in product execution.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Excellent computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Suite: Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Illustrator and Photo shop preferred but not required.
• Knowledge of apparel development, fit and construction with an understanding of appropriate quality and brand standards
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.