The La Jolla Group is a worldwide leader in the action sports apparel business segment with a fast paced, high energy environment that is continually on the move. With prominent brands such as O’Neill, Spiritual Gangster, and Hang Ten, La Jolla Group has proved to be a builder of great brands, a creator of innovative products, and a master of operational excellence.
Join our team and enjoy a casual work environment, onsite gym, discount on clothes, summer hours and employer provided lunches and fruit! We believe our employees are our strongest asset and invest in their growth by focusing on developing their strengths.
Develop product for PSD’s Inline, SMU, and Licensing projects
Essential Job Functions
• Able to work independently and react quickly to changes, as well as adhere to calendar deadlines.
• Able to work with other Design Team members to coordinate your styles per project for design synchronicity among all categories.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of design, material, and product creation.
o Ability to create patterns and experience in undergarments is a plus
• Work under guidance of Merchandising Director
o Work directly with Merchandising Director and Production on style setup needs, costing, delivery expectations, and sample approvals.
• Prepare and maintain art and technical spec sheets
o Daily communication with Merchandising on any product details that need to be updated or changed post sample arrival
• Analyze, measure and evaluate product samples and provide clear sample comments with regard to technical details, quality, construction and fit
o Samples arrive daily and need to be reviewed
o Post sample comment review meetings, Developer must respond accordingly with vendors.
• Maintain and log regular communication with domestic and overseas vendors, tracking prototype and revised sample progress
o Gather and maintain all samples that may require sending out swatches, lab dip approvals, reference samples, and approval samples.
• Organize and manage product storage system, including R&D samples, size sets, photo samples, etc.
o Actively maintaining the ERP system that involve Development
? Tech Packs
? Line Plan factory costs
? Vendor assignment
? New Trim/Packaging development
• Ensure all product / material testing requirements are identified and met by vendors
• Must be able to meet with vendors and available for travel. Experience traveling to Asia is a plus.
• Adhere to the product Merchandising Calendar and tracking samples and costing
• Work closely with team members to achieve seasonal and fast-track goals of on-time delivery