Retail Store Manager - The Seed People's Market
- SEED People's Market
- United States
- Costa Mesa, CA
- 4 year(s)
- Not Available
The SEED People’s Market is in search of a Retail Manager to join the team in Costa Mesa, CA.
ABOUT THE SEED //
The Seed is composed of a collection of handmade, repurposed and environmentally conscious apparel, footwear, outdoor gear, home goods and accessories. We offer well known eco-minded brands like Patagonia, Indosole, Krochet Kids and Green Toys, and we highlight unique one-of-a-kind items from local artisans and third world countries. We educate, encourage and inspire others on sustainable living. We promote a greener planet and "Products with a Purpose” is our mantra. We are handcrafters, we are members of the planet, we are providers of green products, we are educators, we are committed to sustainability, we support local artisans, we are fueled by community, we encourage diversity, we leave no footprint, we are The People’s Market.
POSITION SUMMARY //
We are in search of an experienced Retail Manager for our unique, eco-lifestyle store. The ideal candidate will share our passion for sustainability and have an outgoing, friendly demeanor. We are looking for someone with a strong knowledge of a men’s and women’s product categories including, lifestyle & outdoor apparel, shoes, accessories, camping & travel equipment, homeware décor and health/spa products.
The purpose of this role is to execute smooth operation of the retail store in all areas of functionality from team leading, merchandising, buying and forecasting/meeting sales goals.
• Hiring, training and overall management of Sales Associates
• Calendaring, forecasting and setting sales goals for your team
• Analyzing sales reports and implementing action plans accordingly
• Managing and coordinating Buying team – Assist with purchase plans, vendor negotiations and merchandising
• Inventory Management – Coordinate and manage stockroom and implement operational procedures to keep well stocked
• Maintain high merchandising standards that reflect our mantra “Products with a Purpose”
• Effectively manage Visual Merchandiser and Marketing teams to meet seasonal timelines and maximize retail sales
• Maintain Loss Prevention practices and ensure team is well trained / updated at all times
• Practice responsible workplace health & safety practice for team
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS //
• 4+ Years of previous retail management, buying and/or leadership experience
• Customer service, merchandising and team leadership experience required
• Familiarity with lifestyle, outdoor or action sports brands a plus
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to work as a team, delegate tasks and inspire others is necessary
• References required
TO APPLY // Please submit your brief cover letter and resume through Malakye.