- United States
- Huntington Beach, CA
- 4 year(s)
- Not Available
Boardriders, Inc., is a leading action sports and lifestyle company that designs, produces and distributes branded apparel, footwear and accessories for Boardriders around the world. Our apparel and footwear brands, represent a casual lifestyle for young-minded people who are inspired by a passion for outdoor action sports. Our Company’s Quiksilver, Roxy, and DC Shoes brands have authentic roots and heritage in surf, snow and skate. The Company’s products are sold in more than 115 countries in a wide range of distribution.
Reporting into the Footwear Developer Director, the Footwear Developer helps manage all stages of the development process. Their experience is relied on to resolve issues and to develop the skills of those being supervised. The role is centered in working with Design, Development, Materials, Costing, Commercialization, Fit/wear test, and Production to ensure product is developed on time.
• Manage the product development cycle to effectively deliver world-class product at the established retail introduction periods and profit margins.
• Proactively manage the product development process according to the Product Introduction Calendar.
• Acts as the knowledge sharing hub and the key individual in product development process.
• On time delivery of all agreed upon key samples (Models, Pullovers, Development, Confirmation, Stage I)
• Achieve a minimum target margins while, at the same time, providing value for the consumer.
• Coordinates the sample making of new materials, compounds and processes that are initiated by the Materials Group for wear-testing
• Operates with a complete understanding of the development process (which includes Marketing, Design, Engineering, Pre-costing, Commercialization, Far East Development)
• Consistently manages systems, people, timelines, projects and resources in an organized, well-prioritized manner
• Involves and communicates with other departments at appropriate times to facilitate process; works pro-actively to stay ahead of timelines
• Effectively manages Running development projects: able to identify, access and utilize resources outside of direct control to facilitate development objectives
• Resolves all pre-costing issues in a complete and timely manner
• Overseas Travel to Asia required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & EDUCATION //
• Bachelor's degree in a related area of study
• Minimum 4 year work experience in footwear development
• 2 additional years’ of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree
• Proficiency with MS Office, including MS Excel
• Demonstrated skills in problem solving and results orientation
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate goals and objectives.
• Ability to read product specs and technical drawings and understand relationships
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively with a diverse group of people
• Ability to network and utilize internal and external resources
• Must understand costing/cbd’s and how it effects target pricing
• Strong understanding of footwear construction, materials, and the product creation of live cycle
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS //
• Project management skills
TO APPLY // Submit your resume via the link provided.