Senior Graphic Designer
- United States
- Portland, OR
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
Gerber is seeking a badass Senior Graphic Designer to join it's growing Marketing Team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, deadline driven and pro at multi-tasking under tight deadlines. This designer will work closely with the creative and marketing teams. The SGD would have a degree in graphic design and five plus years' experience in a senior designer role for both digital and print.
The SGD is responsible for conceptualization and implementation of design solutions that meet marketing strategies from concept to completion. The designation of "senior" because they hold the lead role on project-based digital/print campaigns and leads graphic designer[s] in creating concepts, comps, layouts and final art.
This position requires specialized knowledge of both digital and print techniques, including layout and typography. It also requires higher-level executive and client interaction skills. The SGD will lead entire project, not just the production of specific pieces, and demonstrate an ability to keep team members working within established deadlines while meeting expectations.
Success of this role will come from demonstrating a high level of proficiency in digital design, multimedia software and applications, such as Adobe Creative Suite. It is beneficial that she/he have knowledge of printing procedures, photography, illustration and verbal and written communication.
- Research, create and produce design solutions for digital, packaging, advertising and other brand communication materials.
- Working through prepress process and press checks with vendors
- Complete layouts, die lines, and bleeds with internal Packaging Engineer and vendors
- Collaborate with and receive direction from Creative Director in concept development and layout design.
- Lead design team in finalizing and presenting multiple solutions to Creative Director and marketing managers for review.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in graphic design
- 4 year degree in Graphic Design
- Extensive packaging design experience required
- Experience within the Consumer Packaged Goods industry
- An online portfolio demonstrating a diverse range of creative solutions
- Must be proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Highly experienced with various printing processes and techniques
- Preferred experience with KeyShot rendering program
- Extensive digital design experience [ex. Website, email, video and social]
- Lead designer or project manager experience
- Well composed, with an unwavering positive attitude
- Robust attention to detail and a relentless desire for perfection
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with an ability to adapt socially to varying cultures
- An interest in the outdoors and familiarity with Gerber's core users; Campers, Hikers, Hunters, Soldiers and Industrial Pros
**** PORTFOLIO REQUIRED IN APPLICATION PROCESS****
Offers are contingent on a pre-employment drug test. This is due to federal contracts and our obligation to being a drug-free work place.
Gerber is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a drug free environment. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!
401k matching, Education Reimbursement, Benefits, Profit Sharing, Fun People, & Cool Products!