Retail Store Department Manager
- Next Adventure
- United States
- Portland, OR
- 1 year(s)
- Not Available
Next Adventure surrounds itself with employees who are passionate about the outdoors and want to make a positive impact in the community every day. The role of every employee is to help fulfill our vision:
“A real adventure company leading change in our community”
Do you consider yourself a gear head? We are hiring for Team Leads in our apparel, snowboard, and climbing/footwear departments. The Team Lead is responsible for the daily operations of the department and is a customer-facing position. This is a FT, hourly position that reports directly to the General Manager.
If you want to share your love of the outdoors with our customers and be a part of something unique and special, submit your cover letter and resume now, including how you would make an impact on our business and explain what your super power is.
- Floor Management – Coach, lead and manage team members on priorities, projects, training and customer service.
- Exhibit leadership attributes for department and company
- Daily Progress Sheets – Create Progress Sheets and supervise staff through team building and leadership to accomplish both short and long-term department goals set forth by General Manager
- Inventory Management – Transfer Orders, Backstock, ALU issues, identify slower moving product and help develop action plans to achieve sell through
- Provide detailed feedback on product picture
- Learn Rpro work station functions and other relevant software
- Warranties – to be used as a resource to assist the Warranty Department when questions arise
- Clinics and Company Meeting involvement - support the Team during meetings and clinics
- Facilitate Challenge Resolution – Be excellent at identifying the challenge, brainstorming solutions, choosing a solution and implementation
- Provide excellent customer service and sales on the retail floor
- Become excellent at giving and receiving feedback
- Other department specific duties as assigned
- Technical knowledge of gear and outdoor experience in one or more of the aforementioned departments
- Previous customer service and outdoor retail experience
- Detail oriented
- Has demonstrated the ability to be consistently reliable and punctual
- Has demonstrated leadership qualities
- Has demonstrated challenge-resolution skills
- Availability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Light to moderate lifting, with reasonable accommodation
- Basic math skills
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.com, explaining the impact you would make to the Next Adventure team, and describe your superpower.
- Benefits eligibility after 90 days
- Employee discount on merchandise
- Partnerships with local climbing gyms and ski resorts
- The chance to work with the best staff in the industry!