Rusty USA is in search of a Full-Time Graphic Designer to join our team in Irvine, CA.
About Rusty USA //
In 1985, Rusty Preisendorfer started his own surfboard shaping line called Rusty Surfboards using a large R with a dot as his logo. This was referred to simply as the ‘R Dot’. A symbol, which did not take long to move onto apparel as the brand, became more established and recognized in the world of surfing. Today, Rusty is an apparel lifestyle brand but our roots are always in surf.
Position Summary //
We are seeking a Full-Time Graphic Designer who will manage all graphic aspects of Rusty USA’s apparel business.
The Graphic Designer will manage all graphic needs of the company including; designing apparel graphics, creating all web and email marketing elements, building catalogs, SMU requests, and more. The ideal candidate should have graphic design experience while also being able to contribute to a small team.
We’re looking for a go-getter who can work independently while also proactively contributing new ideas and ways of working.
Job Responsibilities //
• Develop initial rough layouts or mock-ups for creative review with design team including; catalogs, website layouts, EDM layouts, apparel graphics
• Provide indent, capsule and SMU graphic design support for assigned categories, as well as supporting projects from other clients as demand and scheduling requires
• Produce and be accountable for the final development of creative assets ensuring accuracy, attention to detail and that the project meets or exceeds the design objectives
• Ensure brand guidelines and directives are embraced and adhered to in all executions
• Be an ambassador for the marketing department objectives and point of view on corporate brand and its visual identity
• Responsible for producing accurate and complete work including versioning for various review sessions. Execute proof corrections within the time frame dictated by the schedule. Prep and release files.