We are a Santa Ana based Men's activewear company. From day one, our mission has been to cultivate a community of men and women who live life without limits. Those who see a boundary and break through it. Since we are all unique and no adventure is the same, we make it our focus to design multifunctional pieces that will perform with any activity. We are a relatively small company experiencing huge growth in both our wholesale and online markets. Glyder is looking for an energetic and qualified Menswear Designer to join our team.
There’s no dream too big, and the possibilities are limitless – Glyder.
We are looking for a full-time Senior designer to join our team in our headquarters in Santa Ana, CA. The perfect candidate should be a personable and energized individual who loves the outdoors and active lifestyle, thus truly identifying with our brand. Designer works with our CEO and VP - Merchandising, with all duties of the Men's Design department. The perfect should have outstanding communication skills and attention to detail. Must be fully proficient in Ai, Photoshop, and Excel.
Previous experience working in the fitness, swim, yoga, action sports, lingerie markets are ideal. It is imperative that this individual has a strong passion for this culture and can pull inspiration from other markets and design it into tasteful and unique fitness apparel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design and create new styles for all active / athleisure Menswear categories.
• Research market trends with the goal of creating unique and innovative designs for the yoga/ activewear market.
• Communicate on a daily basis with all suppliers both domestic and in Asia.
• Work directly with the CEO and VP –Merchandising to strategize and create new exciting products.
• Revise CADs and expand colorways within current silhouettes.
• Proficient creating flat sketches in Illustrator (leggings, tanks, and sports bras, etc.)
• Lead fit sessions with models and communicate changes and corrections to suppliers Knowledgeable of garment construction for shorts, joggers, tops, and outerwear.
• Lead the in-house sales team and territory sales reps on all timeline, deadline of samples for each season.
• Assist with approval comments for all developments (fabric, LD, S/O, trim developments, etc.)
• Be able to travel (at some point) both domestically and to Asia.
WHAT GLYDER OFFERS YOU:
• Full-time position
• Employee/Family Discounts
• Generous Medical
• Vacation (after 12 months)/ Sick Time off
• 401(k), Profit Share savings plan (After 12 months)
• Career advancement opportunities
• Be part of a growing brand!
Glyder LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information and any other characteristics protected by law.