Interested in learning a valuable lifetime skill while getting paid and being part of a great company? Hyperlite Mountain Gear builds the world’s best backcountry packs, tents, and accessories, and we’re hiring and training new stitchers to help construct our equipment. You don’t need any experience in sewing or stitching – our training program will provide you with the skills you’ll need.
Our gear is used by professional outdoor adventure athletes, Appalachian Trail thru-hikers, and outdoor enthusiasts on all seven continents and any of the world’s major mountains or trails. So if you’re looking to learn a new skill, get into the outdoor industry, or simply want to be a part of the brand that’s transforming the way people explore the outdoors, send us your resume!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Stitchers perform all sewing operations that turn cut raw materials into finished goods. This includes reinforcing, joining and hemming cut backpack, tent and accessory parts to create a finished product. Stitchers handle work on a large scale and require attention to detail as they are required to operate and tend to industrial, commercial sewing machines. Our product designs, along with our material choices, are so innovative that they are roughly half the weight of traditional alternatives from mainstream brands.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
• Free training and a highly valuable lifetime skill
• Substantial discount on everything we sell
• Discounts with other outdoor gear brands
• Paid holidays, PTO, and Vacation
• $13.50/Hour plus performance based hourly bonus, starting at $1.50/hour. No earning limit.
• Health, vision, and dental insurance, available the first of the month after 60 days of employment. Company participated.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The most important responsibility is an unwavering commitment to quality. You’re personally responsible for the quality of your work and delivering goods that meet or exceed our quality standards.
Additionally, you’ll be expected to:
• Read work order labels
• Participate in team meetings, receive instructions, and provide feedback as appropriate
• Maintain a clean workspace
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
• Ability to sit for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to manage time effectively.
• Be a team player and support any needs in the company when called upon.
• Hardworking and self-motivated; must be able to work in a fast pace environment with high accuracy and confidence.
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to professionally communicate with other team members to voice problems and possible solutions with a positive attitude.
• Deadline driven and goal oriented; comfortable working in an environment with production targets.
• Work collaboratively to develop close working relationships with other members of the Hyperlite Mountain Gear team.
Interested? We hope so! Shoot us a note and your resume through Malakye or to [email protected]
or submit an application online and we’ll be in touch:https://jobs.gohire.io/hyperlite-mountain-gear-oouvga0i/stitcher-no-experience-necessary-15388/
We created Hyperlite Mountain Gear with a commitment to providing jobs and career paths in Maine. It is our policy to consider all applicants for employment on the basis of his or her qualifications for the job without regard to age, sex, race, religious creed, color, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual preference, national origin, or citizenship. We actively pursue this policy in all aspects of employment including hiring, promotion, transfer, termination, recruitment, rates of pay, and selection for training, and general treatment during employment. We do reserve the right to refuse to hire or continue the employment of undocumented workers. Being an equal employment opportunity employer is not only a legal principle; it is a moral commitment as well.