Helmet House is the leading U.S. distributor of helmets and apparel in the Motorcycle and Powersports industry. We are in search of a productive and highly analytical Senior Inventory planner to join our Calabasas Hills, CA Headquarters Merchandising Team.
Our Company was founded in 1969 and has its headquarters and a distribution center in Calabasas Hills, CA along with an Eastern Distribution point in Southaven, MS and a Digital Marketing Team located in Lake Oswego, OR. For decades Helmet House has supplied Powersports Dealers across the U.S. with two of the world’s top helmet brands; SHOEI and HJC. Helmet House is also the manufacturer and distributor of Tour Master, Cortech, and NORU Motorcycle riding gear, and Alpinestars Riding Gear. With a market-leading sales team located across the country, along with the addition of new brands, Helmet House is on the move and plans to grow significantly over the next five years. If you’re passionate about action sports, are a top performer, and want to be on a winning team, Helmet House is the right opportunity for you.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Sr. Inventory Planner will be responsible for managing inventory levels, setting inventory targets, replenishment coverages, and ensuring products are moving to the right location at the right time, with the right volume.
This position reports to the VP of Planning and Allocation, working with the Merchandising team to drive continuous improvement using metrics to achieve optimum performance.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Lead inventory optimization initiatives
• Partner and collaborate with the Supply Planning and Logistics Teams to effectively route supply to regional DCs and warehouses based on demand, capacity, lead time.
• Work closely with suppliers to maintain clear and clean shipment routing guidance.
• Analyze regional and sub-regional inventory level by product, and re-balance inventory based on sales trend, seasonal trend, promotional activities, and other ad hoc programs.
• Identify and escalate inventory issues and risks (shortages, excesses) and formulate mitigation plan.
• Assist and troubleshoot shipping discrepancies, inventory discrepancies, and receipt delays.
• Develop reports and dashboards for key inventory metrics, projections, and other KPIs
• Prioritizing, planning, delegating, and controlling workflow.