Our goal is to be Energy Category experts and the only reasonable choice when deciding on an Energy Category partner. The Category Development Manager (CDM) will be play an integral role in building, developing and maintaining credible, long-term, category lead relationships with Red Bull’s retail partners. In addition, the CDM will work with the National Account Sales Team to leverage category insights and identify strategic opportunities for the sales team to grow Red Bull sales and market share. The CDM will utilize the category management process to address Customer needs while improving Total Category. The CDM will recognize Customer needs and utilize the Category Management process and advanced insights from the Business Insights team to address those needs while improving Total Category as well as Red Bull sales. They also must be able to create spreadsheets, databases and presentations that communicate the raw data into an answer to solve the business issue. Areas that play to your strengths (all the responsibilities we'll trust you with) Expand all Collapse All
THE RETAIL CUSTOMER CONSULTANT - · E stablish and maintain a partnership with Red Bull Sales Leaders and Retail Partners in the development of strategic plans for category management within the National Sales Group or customer team.
- · Utilize deep knowledge of customer and Category Management to facilitate the customer business planning process and lead that dialogue with the National Accounts team and Retailer.
- · Strategically develop customer Category Management business plans that integrate with the customer‘s overall business goals.
- Turn insights into action for the sales team by identifying key opportunities for Red Bull, and educating the sales team on how to capitalize on these opportunities.
THE IN-STORE SALES DRIVER - · Implement category development programs by leading the dialogue with the retail customer to focus on category growth opportunities.
- Present Red Bull’s category credentials to key development retailers in a credible manner.
· Provide leading edge Category Management solutions:
i. SKU optimization, optimum product mix
ii. Development of effective pricing/merchandising strategies
iii. Proper shelf position
iv. Shopper insights and reccomendation
THE CATEGORY EXPERT · Through analysis and the study of multiple data sources, develop an unassailable level of energy category insight.
· Utilize and understand Nielsen syndicated scanning data, Household Panel, market demographics, shopper insights, customer point-of-sale and loyalty data used to drive insights to action
· Create, develop and deliver regular category reviews, plans and strategies with retail partners.
i. Provide business analysis and insights of sales, pricing, opportunity gaps for incremental volume
ii. Deliver new item introductions and performance analysis
iii. Provide new product/package mix analysis
iv. Merchandising effectiveness, including display promotion effectiveness
KEY RESULTS AND DELIVERABLES · Increase the retailer’s market importance of Energy within 12 months.
· Red Bull to grow faster at that retailer compared to the balance of market.
· Achieve notable gains in Shelving and Merchandising at the retailer.
· Track results and opportunities on a monthly basis with retailer and Red Bull sales team.