The Human Resources (HR) Business Partner will service our Gearhead Operations Contact Center located in West Valley City, UT. Greahead Operations is our term for our Customer Support Team. This is a diverse team of hardcore outdoor enthusiast providing exceptional customer support. The ideal candidate will have HR generalist experience supporting non-exempt employee base with an eye towards strategy and have experience as a part of high volume recruiting team. This position will be charged with supporting the GHO Team's strategic initiatives from the people perspective. ABOUT THE JOB:
• Partner with HR Team and the department/facility leadership team to implement HR strategies and programs to support the operation of the supported department/facility and the company culture
• Continually “raise the game” by owning talent management strategies, including performance management, recruitment, coaching, and retention.
• Be an employee advocate and champion while providing consulting and coaching to employees experiencing employee relations issues and challenges that are impacting their job satisfaction or performance.
• Partner with leadership to address employee relations issues while ensuring compliance with all company policies and state and federal laws.
• Coordinate and oversee programs including Unemployment, Worker’s Compensation, and all other programs necessary to comply with State and Federal Labor & Employment Laws
• Coordinate leaves of absence (such as FMLA, STD, ADA, and Perental Leave Plolicies) for facility
• Lead the recruiting, onboarding, and training activities for the department/facility in coordination with the corporate recruiting and training teams
• Support total rewards team by providing the first level of support for compensation and benefits questions for the supported divisions/facilities
• Work with the greater HR team and department management team in order to develop and support employee engagement efforts
• Lead business partnership through aggregation of data and provide guidance to functional leaders
ABOUT YOU:• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2 or more years of progressive HR Generalist work experience. Highly prefer well-rounded experience with knowledge of employee relations, performance management, recruitment, talent development, legal and compliance.
• PHR / SHRM CP certification preferred
• Demonstrated experience with fundamental areas of HR, including employee relations, performance management, recruitment, talent development, legal and compliance
• A strong customer focus and ability to develop concise and clear solutions; approachable and able to relate to our unique employee culture.
• Highly autonomous and self-motivated, demonstrating sound judgment, initiative, and an ability to manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency while maintaining a collaborative approach with HR and facility leadership
• Strong analytical skills; uses and interprets data to validate plans and approaches
• Working knowledge of MS Office, Google Drive/Docs, and ADP preferred
ABOUT BACKCOUNTRY:Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.