POSITION TITLE: HR Generalist
REPORTS TO: Senior HR Business Partner
DIVISION: Human Resources
LOCATION: All locations
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partner with the HR team and the department/facility leadership team to manage all HR related matters, including performance management, recruitment, coaching, and retention.
• Address employee relations issues while ensuring compliance with all company policies and state and federal laws.
• Coordinate the recruiting, onboarding, and training activities for the facility in partnership with the corporate recruiting and training teams.
• Oversee facility-specific programs including Unemployment, Worker’s Compensation, drug screens, and all other programs necessary to comply with State and Federal Labor & Employment Laws.
• Coordinate leaves of absence (such as FMLA, STD, ADA) for facility.
• Provide the first level of support for payroll and benefits questions for the facility.
• Participate in developing organizational guidelines and procedures.
• Assist with HR projects.
• Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• 2 or more years of progressive Human Resources or equivalent experience.
• Preference for well-rounded experience with knowledge of employee relations, performance management, recruitment, talent development, legal and compliance.
• PHR / SHRM-CP certification preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Excellent administrative and record keeping skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
• Exposure to HR functions and best practices, including employee relations, performance management, recruitment, talent development, legal and compliance, payroll, and benefits.
• Familiarity with both federal and state employment laws.
• Highly autonomous and self-motivated, demonstrating sound judgment and initiative.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Superb computer literacy with capability in MS Office, Google Drive/Docs, and ADP preferred.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Must be a team player and open to change and changing priorities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.ABOUT BACKCOUNTRY:
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.