As a Senior Software Engineer you will play an integral role in improving the customer experience. You’ll work across our systems building features that enhance our site at a scale of millions of visits/month, optimizing business critical code and gathering and processing data to make sense of it. Our stack is mostly Node.js/Express, Scala Play and Java paired with Oracle/Postgres/MongoDB on the backend, Backbone, React, Webpack, jQuery, Compass/SASS on the frontend.
About the Job:
• Build the best user experience to delight customers. Period.
• Develop cross-platform web-based applications using technologies such as Play! Framework, Mongo, React, Webpack, etc.
• Raise the bar. Share your ideas and experience with other engineers, and advocate for best practices, great usability and exceptional quality.
• Work with product managers to understand the customers, their requirements and design scalable solutions to thrill customers.
• Knowledge of back-end development and scalability of web applications
• Experience with different data storage mechanisms (Relational Databases, Cloud Storage, NoSQL)
• Familiar with various web architectures, platforms, and frameworks.
• Experience working with microservices architectures.
• Passion for test driven development, modular designs, and shipping quality code.
• Comfortable in a continuous delivery environment.
• Familiar with automation tools and infrastructure as code.