As a Software Engineer you will play an integral role in improving our customers shopping experience and contribute to Backcountry's continued success. You’ll work across our systems building features that enhance our site at a scale of millions of visits/month, optimizing business critical code and gathering and processing data to make sense of it. We work with React, Compass / Sass, Jquery and Webpack on the frontend. Node.js/Express, Scala Play! and Java paired with OracleDB / MongoDB on the backend.
About the Job:
• Build the best user experience to delight customers. Period.
• Develop cross-platform web-based applications.
• Raise the bar. Share your ideas and experience with other engineers, and advocate for best practices, great usability and exceptional quality.
• Work with product managers to understand the customers, their requirements and design scalable solutions to thrill customers.
• Familiar with various web architectures, platforms, and frameworks such as ReactJS, Compass / Sass, Node JS / Express
• Knowledge of different data storage mechanisms (Relational Databases, Cloud Storage, NoSQL)
• Knowledge of back-end development and scalability of web applications
• Familiar with micro-service architectures.
• Passion for test driven development, modular designs, and shipping quality code.
• Comfortable in a continuous delivery environment.
• Comfortable with automation tools and infrastructure as code.