The Desktop Support Engineer is crucial to help make and keep all of our employees productive year round. In addition to strong technical and troubleshooting skills, you will need the drive to improve other employees’ productivity through technology. The Desktop Support Engineer helps our employees overcome technical challenges and gives them new ideas and creative way to do things better. This position is in our West Valley City Fulfillment Facility, with very rare instances of helping at the call center nearby.
About the Job:
• Troubleshoot Windows, OS X, and Linux machines and a variety of software applications
• Troubleshoot connectivity and networking (wired, wireless, mobile, vpn) for on-site and remote employees
• Participation on regular patrols and meetings with business partners within the organization.
• Creating new accounts for employees utilizing Active Directory, Cisco Call Manager, JIRA, and other software resources
• Participation on an on-call rotation once every eight weeks
• Must be able to lift 30 lbs and be on your feet frequently to support our large facilities
• A real people person, with strong communication skills
• Drive to solve problems and prevent others. Strong customer (employee) service skills are critical
• Track record working to solve employees’ technology problems (PC, Mac, Cloud, Google Apps, Network) in a corporate setting without losing sight of customer service.
• Smart and Technology inclined. Are you interested in technology outside of work, too?
• We support a variety of software tools and work closely with our Development and Engineering teams, so learning quickly and thinking on your feet are a must.
• Courageous enough to try something new, make mistakes, and learn. We value heated discussion so you shouldn’t be afraid to disagree and fight for your ideas!
SCHEDULE: M-F 8:00AM-4:00pm; OT as Needed; hours may flex up or down as needed with the operation.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount and an annual summer Adventure Contest make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.