• Analyze: help gather requirements and work closely with our other teams and business stakeholders.
• Design: create workable models from the requirements and defend them before the team.
• Build: you'll be writing the most complex and crucial parts of the system.
• Improve: we're always looking for ways to do things better, so your ideas will always be heard and supported when feasible.
• Collaborate: you’ll work shoulder to shoulder with the rest of the team to produce the highest quality code and the best possible solutions.
• Maintain: you’ll help us keep what we build operational.
• Coach: you will be a mentor for the other team members.
Skills Required• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar.
• 8+ years of professional software development experience.
• Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including Software architecture, data structures, algorithms and design patterns is a must.
• Knowledge of different architectural styles, e.g. REST, message-driven, MicroServices, MapReduce etc.
• Knowledge in the design and implementation of Web APIs preferred.
• Good understanding of the Agile Development Principles.
• A desire to collaborate and innovate with our internal teams (both technical and non-technical).
• Understanding of source control.
• English proficiency is required ( At least B2 level ).
• Experience working with Oracle NetSuite is a big plus.
• Knowledge of Apache Camel is a plus.
About Backcountry: Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest and summer barbecues make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors.