As a Software Engineer you will play an integral role in improving our customers shopping experience and contribute to Backcountry's continued success. You’ll work across our systems building features that enhance our site at a scale of millions of visits/month, optimizing business critical code and gathering and processing data to make sense of it. We work with React, Compass / Sass, Jquery and Webpack on the frontend. Node.js/Express, Scala Play! and Java paired with OracleDB / MongoDB on the backend.
About the Job:
• Build the best user experience to delight customers. Period.
• Develop cross-platform web-based applications.
• Raise the bar. Share your ideas and experience with other engineers, and advocate for best practices, great usability and exceptional quality.
• Work with product managers to understand the customers, their requirements and design scalable solutions to thrill customers.
• Familiar with various web architectures, platforms, and frameworks such as React, Compass / Sass, Node JS / Express.
• Knowledge of different data storage mechanisms (Relational Databases, Cloud Storage, NoSQL).
• Knowledge of back-end development and scalability of web applications.
• Familiar with micro-service architectures.
• Passion for test driven development, modular designs, and shipping quality code.
• Comfortable in a continuous delivery environment.
• Comfortable with automation tools and infrastructure as code.
• English Proficiency , +80%.
About Backcountry: Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.