Content Marketing Producer - Job Description
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
About the Role:
Backcountry is looking for a Content Marketing Specialist to run the day to day operations of our content program. This role will be responsible for executing on the content strategy; from sourcing content, to copy editing and designing blog posts. The Content Marketing Specialist will be a part of the Performance Marketing team and report to the SEO Marketing Manager.
About the Job:
• Execute on the content strategy to engage and connect with our community
• Manage day to day relationships, communications, and recruiting of a pool of freelance writers to fuel the content engine
• Collaborate with marketing and merchandising stakeholders to produce high-quality content that is timely, relevant, and drives business performance
• Edit content to ensure EAT (expertise, authority, trustworthiness) on the subjects as well as ensure the content is consistent with our brand
• Design each blog post within the CMS keeping UX and brand standards in mind to ensure each blog post can best serve its intended audience.
• Maintain a content marketing calendar that schedules all aspects of the creation and delivery of content throughout the year
• Maintain reporting to measure KPI’s and overall impact of the content produced
• Experience with content marketing, editing, design work
• Proven editing/writing abilities
• Experience working with Wordpress or other content management programs
• Outstanding communication skills and ability to build internal and external relationships
• Exceptional analytical skills including the ability to analyze data and develop data based recommendations to help optimize the program
• Comfortable in a highly entrepreneurial, fast paced environment, and lean team
• Passionate about the outdoors is a plus
• BA/BS required with a strong academic record
What we offer:• A career with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily.
• Perks such as an excellent gear discount.
• A fun work environment (incl. an annual adventure contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make).
• Work with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors.
• Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.