Backcountry.com has an amazing opportunity for a warehouse pro (AKA: current employee) to expand his or her skills in our Utah Fulfillment Center. The successful candidate has excellent communication and organizational skills combined with an ability to work efficiently under minimum supervision.
This position will be responsible for Returns operations. Preference is given to those who know these system operations and already understand inbound processes, or who have previous specialist experience.
Responsible for being the area merchandise specialist, resolving problems, and helping employees learn their job-specific tasks.AVAILABLE SHIFT:AM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Computer usage, including maintaining MS Excel spreadsheets, Interchange and internet
• Read and audit labels
• Analyze inventory and problems and initiate a resolution
• Compile and send out end-of-day reports
• Communicate effectively via MS Outlook email
• Coach employees on job-specific tasks
• Use handheld to scan and process inventory
• Identify, count and sort packages and inventory with high level of accuracy
• Train new employees
• Use internal reporting program, Jira, to log problems
• Track data using MS Excel
• Participate in team meetings, receive instructions, and provide feedback as appropriate
• Understand and differentiate between inbound processes and communicate team needs accordingly
• Operate pallet jack
• Use automated packaging equipment
• Maintain a clean work space
• Assign work to employees in absence of supervisor
• Complete and maintain forklift certification training (if trained and active forklift operator)
• Other duties as assigned
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate in LEAN initiatives
• Participate in company events
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Prefer high school diploma or equivalency
• 3 months experience in fulfillment center
• 3 months experience as a Merchandise Processor
• Verbal and written comprehension of the English language required
• Basic math skills required
• Must be able to apply established procedures and follow oral/written instructions
• Must be able to work independently without direct supervision and organize/prioritize workload to ensure completion of all tasks within established time frames
• Must be able to deal with the pressure of meeting production schedules
• Computer skills, including familiarity with the internet and email required
• Experience operating power industrial equipment (for example, standing order picker or forklift)
• Three months of experience in distribution center or six months in a customer service environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Terms are defined as “Regularly”: 60 – 100%, “Frequently”: 30 – 60%, “Occasionally”: 10 – 30%, “Rarely”: 1 – 10%.
• Regularly use hearing/speech abilities to communicate with coworkers, give/receive instruction, listen for equipment malfunctions, etc.
• Regularly use sight abilities: depth perception, hand/eye/foot coordination, visual acuity in near-, mid-, and far-range vision.
• Regularly stand/walk on concrete floor
• Frequently climb up and down stairs but rarely climb ladders
• Frequently bend/twist at waist/knees/neck
• Frequently use both hands/arms to reach/push/pull/lift
• Constant: 10 – 30 lbs.
• Occasional: 30 – 60 lbs.
• Rarely: less than 10 lbs., or greater than 60 lbs.
• Crawling is typically not required
• Work is performed indoors, and noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
In addition to an outdoor enthusiast culture, we aim to create the best possible work environment in our temperature controlled, state-of-the art automated Fulfillment Center. We provide a supportive staff of managers and administrators to adhere to employee accommodations, onboarding and daily needs. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, recognition prizes, company events and in-office celebrations make for a positive employee morale and fun work atmosphere. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of flexible shift schedules with full and part-time availability, paid time off starting at 20 days your first year, and opportunities for advancement and quarterly increases. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.