ABOUT THE ROLE:
• Reporting into the Chief Marketing Officer
• Define the goals, core strategies, and most efficient tactics to drive cost-effective acquisition and retention through paid media channels
• Manage all aspects of customer acquisition process including but not limited to coordinating with external agencies, team recruiting, vendor/tool selection, asset development
• Devise an SEO strategy and work with cross-functional teams to execute programs that drive high-quality organic traffic.
• Closely partner with Creative to develop highly converting ad assets
• Develop, execute, own and manage testing optimization strategies spanning ad assets, landing pages, targeting, media tactics, and new media channels
• In partnership with Brand, Integrated Marketing and Retention Marketing teams, develop integrated marketing plans and programs that fuel customer discovery, interest, engagement, and retention.
• In collaboration with external partners, strategize, develop and own retail distribution efforts
• Maintain firm grasp of competitive landscape, market opportunities, customer acquisition KPIs and champion information dissemination throughout the organization
• Marketing Channel oversight:
• Performance Marketing: PLA, Paid Search, Affiliate, Paid Social
• Brand Development: YouTube, Podcasts, Organic Search, TV, Influencers
• KPI development for performance and brand channels, as well as leading teams towards an agile way of reading/reacting based on channel and content performance.
• Oversight of Growth Marketing strategies and deployment across Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist and Steep and Cheap; with partnership across other North American (MotoSport.com) and European (Bergreunde) businesses for best practices sharing and application
• 10-12 years marketing experience across e-retail & DTC brands, paid and organic search, paid social and digital advertising, personalized communications, across both web and mobile
• Experience managing multi-functional in-house teams and external agencies
• Highly analytical mindset with data-driven decision making within imperfect or incomplete information environment.
• Can combine these deep analytical skills with consumer empathy, to ensure we are always delivering delightful, customer-centric experiences
• Proven track record of operator development and passion for building high-output, cross-functional teams
• Have an entrepreneurial spirit and are excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business
• Strong technical acumen and hands-on experience with tools such as Google Analytics, Optimizely, Looker, etc.
• Offline and retail experience is a plus
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.