Each intern will be assigned to one of the functional organizational pillars in Integrated Marketing, Creative, Performance Marketing, Retention or Brand + Partnerships. Each position offers a unique opportunity to grow your expertise in a marketing functional area critical to our omnichannel business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support online marketing channels including search, display and paid social media.
• Leverage third-party marketing platforms and partnerships to improve on campaign set-up and decision making.
• Work with colleagues from merchandising, marketing and creative teams to effectively promote key product stories and promotions.
• Produce compelling visual and written communications to external stakeholders.
• Bidding and monitoring of daily pacing and performance.
• Assist in test implementation for all channels.
• Identify trends and best practices and assist with the development of strategies for marketing and promotion campaigns targeting both broad and targeted consumer segments.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of marketing strategies, including continuous education of new marketing tactics and tools
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong Excel skills
• Strong organizational skills with an obsession to detail and quality
• Exceptional work ethic and proven ability to overcome obstacles to deliver results
• Self-starter and willing to work in an ambitious but fun environment
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task, work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Knowledge of web analytics a plus
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, & SteepandCheap —aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
In addition to an outdoor enthusiast culture, we aim to create the best possible work environment in our temperature-controlled, state-of-the-art automated Fulfillment Center. We provide a supportive staff of managers and administrators, onboarding, training, and daily needs. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, recognition, prizes, and company events make for a positive employee environment and fun work atmosphere.