POSITION TITLE: Business Analyst
REPORTS TO: Lead Analyst
BUSINESS/COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: Gearhead Operations
LOCATION: Franklin Covey
The GHO Business Analyst is responsible for identifying data and analytics business needs and partnering with stakeholders to drive data-based decision making to improve strategic management of Gearhead Operations. They will partner cross functionally with Data Science, Data Engineering, and Product teams to complete ad-hoc projects and communicate ongoing business needs.
About the Job:
• Write SQL queries to retrieve, transform, clean, and aggregate large amounts of data
• Create Dashboards and bring new data into LookerBI using LookML, SQL, and Google Cloud Products
• Partner with business stakeholders to determine reporting needs and data availability
• Proactively identify opportunities and problems in the business based and provide data-driven recommendations
• Work cross functionally with department finance partners to identify budget drivers and contribute to building and updating budget models and PNL sheets
• Perform in-depth analysis of reports and data and provide policy and strategy recommendations
• Own projects that may require cross-functional execution with product management and data science teams as well as support from other analysts
• Promote best practices for data consumption for front-line managers
• Develop analytical skills with your team by collaborating in weekly team code exchange sessions to share best practices and make breakthroughs
• Identify new data streams needed for business analytics and work with data team to build pipelines in Google Cloud and Business Intelligence tool
• Represent Backcountry’s core values through your actions
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Mathematics, Marketing, Economics, Finance, Accounting or equivalent combination of Education and Experience
• 1-2 years of SQL experience
• Comfortable writing and maintaining complex SQL queries
• Experience visualizing and summarizing data using any combination of BI Tools, Spreadsheets, Python, R, etc.
• 3+ Years Experience in Operational or Analytical roles; experience in specialty retail and/or contact center environments a plus.
• Experience with cloud data tools (GCP, AWS, etc) is a plus
• Experience with Python is a plus
• Continual Improver - driven to learn new tools and skills that contribute to your personal career growth and the team’s success; unafraid to acknowledge and address personal weaknesses and knowledge gaps.
• Self-directed learner and doer - Our data platform and business needs are always evolving - you should be comfortable reading documentation to learn new software and take on unfamiliar tasks
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, VISUAL ACUITY & WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
• The employee is regularly required to talk and hear
• The employee is frequently required to sit, stand and walk
• The employee must occasionally kneel, stoop crouch, twist and lift up to 10 pounds, with or without accommodations
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
• The noise level is the work environment is usually moderate
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.