In this role, you will re-design and execute Backcountry’s events and activation programs. You are the quarterback for in-market, offline customer engagement, highly detail-oriented, and a project management ninja. You will work closely with our brand managers, retail store managers, retail gearheads, as well as other functional brand and business leaders, to create experiences beyond transactional and build relationships that advance our brand objective in key retail markets around the country. You will attract & engage with new & existing consumers in order to bring Backcountry to life offline. This role is a core member of the brand offense and retail implementation strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Events – build Backcountry’s events program including evolved strategy, planning, management, budgeting, execution
• Gearheads – partner closely with Backcountry’s Gearhead program to advance brand objectives
• Sponsorships – make strategic local sponsorships to advance Backcountry’s brand objectives in key retail markets
• Individual Relationships – ambassadors, influencers, athletes, these are all part of Backcountry’s front line for consumer inspiration, engagement and content. This role will coordinate with local athletes, ambassadors, and influencers to ensure
• Export the brand story with compelling content captured through the events, ambassador, and partnership channels.
• Planning - plan, budget, source, and procure branded swag from partner vendors as well as products that enhance the overall experience of each activation
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• 3-5+ years’ experience in a brand marketing/management organization
• 3+ years experience planning, managing and executing branded events
• Experience brokering brand partnerships with foundations, non-profits, artists, production companies, ambassadors, athletes, and influencers as well as other brands
• Budget management
• Vendor and agency management
• Venue negotiation experience
• Sports marketing experience a plus
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.