In Accounts Payable, you will ensure the accuracy of our financial systems through activity analysis and account reviews. You will also be responsible for performing assigned accounting and payable functions for all of Backcountry’s brands.About the Job
• Reviews invoices for proper authorization.
• Matches invoice to receipt and purchase order.
• Ensures timely input of data into system.
• Prepares and enters journal entries into the general ledger.
• Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
• Identifies, researches, and explains variances of actual performance to forecast.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Prepares and performs billing reconciliations.
• Manages vendor files and maintains positive vendor relationships.
• Represents the company to various trade professionals and groups, and ensure that the company’s professional reputation is maintained.
• Performs various report analysis, as assigned.
• Performs general office duties, as assigned.
• Completes special projects as directed by supervisor.
• Degree in a related field or equivalent experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of basic accounting concepts and principles.
• Proficiency in PC Systems, Excel, Word, NetSuite, and General Ledger.
• Experience in Accounts Payable and/or Accounting.
• Positive and upbeat team player.
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, & self-starter with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to meet tight deadlines, while maintaining accuracy of information and attention to detail.
Our mission is to connect people to their passions. Our five online stores—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and SteepandCheap—aim to supply our customers with the gear, knowledge, and inspiration necessary to get out there and chase down life’s greatest moments. We do this by providing the biggest and best assortment of premium outdoor products, a superior shopping experience, personalized Gearhead expertise, lightning-fast and accurate fulfillment, and inspirational, informative, and community-centered content.
We take this concept seriously, both personally and professionally, which for employees translates to careers with growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. Perks such as an excellent gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office make for a fun work environment. Backcountry employees will have the benefit of working with colleagues who are passionate about their careers as well as the outdoors. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and disability & life insurance, paid maternity and paternity leave, 401(k) matching, and Flexible Spending or Health Savings Accounts.