POSITION TITLE: Senior Merchandise Planner
REPORTS TO: Merchandise Planning Manager
BUSINESS/COMPANY/DEPARTMENT: Merchandise Planning
LOCATION: Park City
The Senior Merchandise Planner works directly with the buying teams, as well as other cross-functional leaders in marketing and finance. They are responsible for pre-season and in-season forecasting, assortment planning, pricing, siting, margin analysis, and inventory control for the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop, monitor and evaluate Open-to-Buy weekly with planning and buying teams. Provide timely and accurate re-projections based upon current trends to effectively manage inventory and drive margin. Monthly plan review process: develops sales, markdown, receipt and inventory re-forecasts.
• Makes recommendations for key financial meetings/decisions in order to maximize sales, margin and inventory productivity. Including strategic focus on Merchandise Group, Product Group, and Brand assortment.
• Create, communicate, and execute product strategies that support category financial objectives, ensuring all promotions are supported through inventory management and style selection.
• Collaborate with lead merchants to drive assortment recommendations, developing brand and key item projections, as well as style count, depth, and sizing for preseason purchasing.
• Recap business performance weekly, reviewing variance to plan and assess any deviations to current trend; recommend actions in accordance to current trends.
• Forecast sales, receipt, GM and inventory position on a weekly/monthly/seasonal basis at the division, brand, product group, and style levels.
• Manage inventory health through pre-season buying budgets, in season replenishment controls, seasonal sell through targets, PO receipt flow, and pricing strategies.
• Ensure structured reporting deliverables are met, evaluating reports for accuracy, performance efficiency, and standardized best practices.
• Manage the financial success of a division by meeting sales, margin, and inventory turn goals.
• Train, mentor, and develop associate planners.
• Lead other planners through theory, strategy and training sessions.
• Exhibits initiative to look beyond the everyday business to look for opportunities to maximize sales potentials.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• 5+ years merchandise planning experience, including 3+ years in a retail ecommerce environment
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years of experience in a lead or supervisory role is preferred
• Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills: exceptional aptitude with numbers; retail math skills
• Able to develop and maintain strong working relationships and communicate well with peers and cross-functional teams; identifies/influences critical stakeholders
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills: concisely presents complex information/recommendations in terms meaningful to various audiences
• Charismatic team player that exhibits excellent “team work” abilities
• Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
• Able to perform under pressure, organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and strong aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of S5 replenishment system, Toolbox, Arthur Planning/similar software a plus
• Ability to advance to high levels of computer literacy; exposure to relevant planning, finance, analytical, data management systems
• Experience planning a mixed brand business is preferred